Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

The Rags took a chance on Garnacho,Leeds took a chance on Gnoto......Borges has just as much talent,and far more pace,IMO.

If we were still tearing up defences and had no place for an old skool winger,it wouldn't be so bizarre that he remains in the EDS.
I can understand that, and I love it when players come through the academy, as you know, but I am not sure he is ready. Hopefully, he will get the chance to prove me wrong as he definitely would offer a different option. Bobb, Mebude and Breckin would probably be given a chance too, for me, and possibly before Borges. We also have a different style of play to United and Leeds, where pace is not the driver, and I am not sure that he would deal with that.

I can understand that, and I love it when players come through the academy, as you know, but I am not sure he is ready. Hopefully, he will get the chance to prove me wrong as he definitely would offer a different option. Bobb, Mebude and Breckin would probably be given a chance too, for me, and possibly before Borges. We also have a different style of play to United and Leeds, where pace is not the driver, and I am not sure that he would deal with that.

The issue is our existing style of play has seemingly been sussed and/or run its course.We need to find a new approach and in our EDS we may have answers.

Borges can beat anyone with pure direct pace,he is an unknown qualiity for the opposition and he excites.....It would do no harm whatsoever to have him on the bench as an option.

Last week we should have played a couple more against the Saints given what Pep decided to go with.....and lets not forget that was against a team that have give 3 of our kids(who werent deemed 'ready') an opportunity.

Last week we should have played a couple more against the Saints given what Pep decided to go with.....and lets not forget that was against a team that have give 3 of our kids(who werent deemed 'ready') an opportunity.
And they are looking for 2 more off us now.

The Rags took a chance on Garnacho,Leeds took a chance on Gnoto......Borges has just as much talent,and far more pace,IMO.

If we were still tearing up defences and had no place for an old skool winger,it wouldn't be so bizarre that he remains in the EDS.
borges has not even the talent close to those. he is most of the time a headless chicken on the field. he is gaining massively form the setup we have feeding chances and having an unfair pace at the kids level. imo he will not make it at the highest level. like I said Mebude is a bigger talent than borges.

Last edited:
The Rags took a chance on Garnacho,Leeds took a chance on Gnoto......Borges has just as much talent,and far more pace,IMO
He`s definitely quicker and maybe a better finisher as well, but Garnacho and Gnonto are far better on the ball. Borges is simply not at the required level when it comes to first touch, ball control and passing. He has loads of stengths but at the moment he`s not suited to possession-based football. Watched pretty much every U18 and EDS game that`s been broadcasted on City+, and it`s clear Borges struggles more against parked buses, which is what the first team face 90% of the time. I think he`d be amazing in the Bundesliga. If Moussa Diaby leaves Leverkusen, I`d love to see him play there. They`re actually quite close stylistically. If we can get 10m for him and a buyback or sell-on I think that would be a good deal

I would be happy for him to be given some minutes, of course, and I suppose that there will always be doubts until somebody actually takes their chance. I think he is one of those players with immense physical gifts, and he can look devastating at EDS level, but we will only know if it will translate if he is given, and grabs, the chance.

He`s definitely quicker and maybe a better finisher as well, but Garnacho and Gnonto are far better on the ball. Borges is simply not at the required level when it comes to first touch, ball control and passing. He has loads of stengths but at the moment he`s not suited to possession-based football. Watched pretty much every U18 and EDS game that`s been broadcasted on City+, and it`s clear Borges struggles more against parked buses, which is what the first team face 90% of the time. I think he`d be amazing in the Bundesliga. If Moussa Diaby leaves Leverkusen, I`d love to see him play there. They`re actually quite close stylistically. If we can get 10m for him and a buyback or sell-on I think that would be a good deal
We got £10m for Sam Edozie and Borges is a far better prospect imo

We face parked buses because we encourage them with our lethargic,uninspiring,sideways/backwards approach.

Borges is the complete opposite to what we currently go with,there would be no excuse not try direct football with him in the 11.

I have watched almost all his games too,and i hear you in respect of the 'headless chicken' thing,but i think he deserves an opportunity to see what his ability would bring to the first team.

We face parked buses because we encourage them with our lethargic,uninspiring,sideways/backwards approach.

Borges is the complete opposite to what we currently go with,there would be no excuse not try direct football with him in the 11.

I have watched almost all his games too,and i hear you in respect of the 'headless chicken' thing,but i think he deserves an opportunity to see what his ability would bring to the first team.
A balanced squad should have a plethora of different options and he certainly offers something we don’t currently have
The Southampton fiasco would have been much easier to accept if we at least went out while blooding a few youngsters and seeing what they were made of. They probably couldn’t have been any worse than the senior pros who stank the place out
Especially given the fact one of our best academy products of recent years totally outshone a guy we spent £40m on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.