Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

A balanced squad should have a plethora of different options and he certainly offers something we don’t currently have
The Southampton fiasco would have been much easier to accept if we at least went out while blooding a few youngsters and seeing what they were made of. They probably couldn’t have been any worse than the senior pros who stank the place out
Especially given the fact one of our best academy products of recent years totally outshone a guy we spent £40m on
Could not agree more,I'd even go as far as to suggest Bazunu isn't far off Eddie.
Edozie also had a very good 60 mins at weekend...

And their goalkeeper looked more confident than Ortega
But he wouldn't have stayed to play second fiddle having played all season at Portsmouth.
I do know James Trafford is VERY highly rated at the club.

Also it's funny that these lads/kids are doing well playing regularly, something that isn't going to happen with us.
Basically they've got to be capable of coming in and being up to speed from minute 1.
Edozie didn't strike me as that.

But he wouldn't have stayed to play second fiddle having played all season at Portsmouth
True enough but I would love to see somebody giving worthwhile competition to Ederson.

Also it's funny that these lads/kids are doing well playing regularly, something that isn't going to happen with us.
Basically they've got to be capable of coming in and being up to speed from minute 1.
Edozie didn't strike me as that.
Lavia might have though.

The positive is that we have buy backs in place with most of the younger players we have sold.

We got £10m for Sam Edozie and Borges is a far better prospect imo
Agreed, but Edozie scored in 3 games in a row for the first team in pre-season. Things like that matter. I think the pre-season is what made Southampton buy him. He was never that impressive for the EDS
We face parked buses because we encourage them with our lethargic,uninspiring,sideways/backwards approach.

Borges is the complete opposite to what we currently go with,there would be no excuse not try direct football with him in the 11.

I have watched almost all his games too,and i hear you in respect of the 'headless chicken' thing,but i think he deserves an opportunity to see what his ability would bring to the first team.
Never called him a headless chicken. I just think that his skillset is a bit of mismatch with how the first team play. IMO he doesn’t meet with Peps most valued «basics» like first touch, ball control and passing, but has that explosiveness and directness Pep doesn’t seem to rate that much. There are games where I’ve thought he couldn’t do any worse than our first teamers, but he lacks some important aspects to his game that Pep probably wants him to improve on, and I’m not sure if Borges is ready to wait for much longer when he could probably be starting for several clubs in the top 5 leagues. I’ve rarely seen him in first team training too which isn’t a great sign

Agreed, but Edozie scored in 3 games in a row for the first team in pre-season. Things like that matter. I think the pre-season is what made Southampton buy him. He was never that impressive for the EDS

Never called him a headless chicken. I just think that his skillset is a bit of mismatch with how the first team play. IMO he doesn’t meet with Peps most valued «basics» like first touch, ball control and passing, but has that explosiveness and directness Pep doesn’t seem to rate that much. There are games where I’ve thought he couldn’t do any worse than our first teamers, but he lacks some important aspects to his game that Pep probably wants him to improve on, and I’m not sure if Borges is ready to wait for much longer when he could probably be starting for several clubs in the top 5 leagues. I’ve rarely seen him in first team training too which isn’t a great sign
Yep, luck, opportunity and especially timing plays a huge part. Bale, Kane, Rashford might be playing League One football nowadays but for various injury crises.
Fair fucks to them though, when presented with the opportunity they all grabbed it big time

We face parked bus, coz teams park the bus. On it or not it’s gonna happen with the majority of the teams we play.

Pep loses nothing by rotating palmer from the bench with borges or mebude every couple of weeks even if they don’t get on it a different club to have in the bag. As much as I like palmer he’s not bringing anything the other wingers don’t have right now.

Whats the crack with this kid? 23 goals & 15 assists, what more does he have to do?

He has to keep doing it, be patient, show it in training, demonstrate the right attitude, teamwork...

Every young player should earn their chance. Just playing well for the EDS is not enough: you have to show in first team training that you have the beating of top-class defenders, and that you are prepared to work as hard, and harder, than the hardest worker in the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.