Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

Carlos has had a great season and has some physical attributes that set him apart. Personally, I feel that Oscar Bobb, Isiah Dada-Mascoll and Joel Ndala are the standout prospects in the academy at present, but a place in the first team squad or a loan are right for Carlos' development.
Dead right there. We have some really good players but these are the stand outs.

Looking at who hasnt travelled.....there must be some academy kids involved,the question is.....genuine opportunity or window dressing?
The 2 winners of the EDS & U18 players of the year should get to be in the travel squad for the last games (unless they are needed to chase a title themselves etc)

no reason not to reward them with a seniors trip even if they dont make the bench

Looking at who hasnt travelled.....there must be some academy kids involved,the question is.....genuine opportunity or window dressing?

I would say genuine opportunity. I can't see the club picking anyone just to get an extra bit of cash for them. The majority of top academy names are well known so the fact they play first team football doesn't suddenly bring them extra attention. Borges has torn it up at EDS level. Most teams in Europe will know who he is and how much they'd be willing to buy him for. If he's in the squad and gets on the pitch I'd imagine it's more because Pep thinks he's good enough and deserves it. And if he impresses on the pitch then even better. I hope we see a few lads tonight.

Would be amazing to have three young kids in there alongside the likes of Palmer, Lewis and Foden! This one is a free hit. No injuries, no suspensions, just a run out for the boys. Result is irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.