Carlos hands in transfer request

BlueInBury said:
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but I've just been having a look on twitter. Somebody asked Micah Richards if Tevez is leaving and he replied:

@laurafreaks @ofbeingidle i cant say much but if he is he will sadly missed, he's a top guy!

Doesn't sound good and sounds like the players are well aware of the situation!
Of course they're aware. It's been on the news all night.

Fucl him, poor little lamb is homesick but wants to negotiate a new contract with an extra year on it - wtf is that all about.

He's the best paid player in the squad, we are joint top of the table, the team is really starting to click and he goes and fucling does this.

1. Accept his transfer request,
2. De-register him from the squad in January.
3. Go out and buy Dzeko, Torres, (even Carroll) etc in January.
4. Slap a £50m price tag on him and let it be known we are happy for him to run down his contract playing in the stiffs (sorry EDS) for 3 and 1/2 years.
5. Give Mancini a contract extension.
6. Fine him a weeks wages for any infraction of his contract
7. Any future contracts write in a clause that the submission of a transfer request by the player will reduce wages by 75% until sold.

After Robinho, Anelka etc I'm fucking sick of "player power" and these money grabbing arseholes that call themselves players. Let's see how many games he gets for Argentina if he never makes a 1st team appearance for 3 and 1/2 years.

Virtually no other club in the world can afford to do what I put above, every other club can't afford to have a £40-£50m asset gathering dust and earning wages. Well, guess what Tevez, City can afford it.

We're the wealthiest club in the world, let's start using some of that clout.

ono said:
BlueInBury said:
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but I've just been having a look on twitter. Somebody asked Micah Richards if Tevez is leaving and he replied:

@laurafreaks @ofbeingidle i cant say much but if he is he will sadly missed, he's a top guy!

Doesn't sound good and sounds like the players are well aware of the situation!
Of course they're aware. It's been on the news all night.

Sorry Ono I haven't explained myself well there. What I meant was with Micah saying "I can't say much" I got the impression that the players have known for a little longer than we have. I might be reading into things too much (probably am) but I get the feeling this might have kicked off behind the scenes this week.

One thing I will say though is how proud I am of everybody at the club and the way they've handled this. Garry Cook has come along way since Kaka bottled it!

scenecreamer said:
djelanomcfc said:
He can't, he wont be leaving....not yet anyway. He should be put up for sale in the summer regardless of what happens now.

That's right, he can't leave. And his contract has 3 years on it, so he isn't trying to pull a Rooney. He isn't threatening to leave as a negotiating tactic.

I don't see why people are criticizing him, it's his agent who is creating the problems.

At the risk of being Clarkie'd, wtf are you chatting about? He isn't trying to get an increased contract by threatening to leave? He handed a transfer request in, there's nothing more he can do from his part without being in breach of contract. He's rocking the apple cart as much as he can and he knows it.

And Kia Joorabchian can't sign the transfer request, Tevez himself had to do that. I know Joorabchian is a manipulative SOB, but Tevez is equally to blame here as well. He did the interview about being happy here, let the club run with it, then a week later turns around and says he wants out? All Tevez, all lies. I'm sorry, but anyone who treats the club that I love and have grown up with with such apathy and nonchalance can fuck right off.

We survived harder times before he was here. Thanks for your contribution Carlos, but this club will be here long after you've swanned off back to Argentina with a few million in your back pocket.

bluemoondays said:
Fucl him, poor little lamb is homesick but wants to negotiate a new contract with an extra year on it - wtf is that all about.

He's the best paid player in the squad, we are joint top of the table, the team is really starting to click and he goes and fucling does this.

1. Accept his transfer request,
2. De-register him from the squad in January.
3. Go out and buy Dzeko, Torres, (even Carroll) etc in January.
4. Slap a £50m price tag on him and let it be known we are happy for him to run down his contract playing in the stiffs (sorry EDS) for 3 and 1/2 years.
5. Give Mancini a contract extension.
6. Fine him a weeks wages for any infraction of his contract
7. Any future contracts write in a clause that the submission of a transfer request by the player will reduce wages by 75% until sold.

After Robinho, Anelka etc I'm fucking sick of "player power" and these money grabbing arseholes that call themselves players. Let's see how many games he gets for Argentina if he never makes a 1st team appearance for 3 and 1/2 years.

Virtually no other club in the world can afford to do what I put above, every other club can't afford to have a £40-£50m asset gathering dust and earning wages. Well, guess what Tevez, City can afford it.

We're the wealthiest club in the world, let's start using some of that clout.

I'd love for the club to be able to take this stance but I think its the knock on effects that stops it.

If the club did this how many other world class players would want to sign for us. Modern players know their power and know how to use it. They wouldn't sign for us if they felt that power was taken away. Its a sad fact of modern football.

Am I the only one weirdly looking forward to see how all this pans out. I'm less gutted than I thought I would be by this news, I love Tevez as a player but I'm getting sick of all his complaining.

If he goes to Argentina then fair enough, but I'll lose any respect I had if he leaves for Spain.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1337942/Carlos-Tevez-puts-Real-Madrid-alert-Manchester-City-transfer-request.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... quest.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.