Carlos hands in transfer request

TimmyP said:
What happens if he turns round and says he wants to retire? Does he owe us compensation for the remainder of the contract?

i'm pretty sure that clubs have no comeback on players if they decide to retire for whatever reason. however city could retain his registration which means he couldn't play for any other club for the remaining period of his contract.

I think we are all in agreement that Mancini is the most important piece on the playing / coaching side, so whatever happens, we still have Roberto to push us on.

I'm not closing the door on him ever playing for us again - the situation is confusing and contains statements on both sides full of hidden, and not so hidden, meaning. As pointed out already, Tevez has said recently he wants to stay, he wants to retire, he wants to go back to Argentina, he loves the club, he hates the club. Enough. You want to stay, the club will help you to overcome any issues you have. You want to leave, fine. You are obviously not the hero we thought you were.

Carlos - when you take the time to get you head straight, ask yourself "What Do I Really Want?"

Then ask, "Can I Achieve This At City, or With City's Help?" Because the staff will help you, best they can. I truly believe that.

If the answer is no, then fair enough, You have to go if you feel there is no other choice, but understand the damage your stance is doing right now to the club, and the dismay and upset it has caused amongst the fans - just ordinary people, who for once in a lifetime of supporting an underachieving side, had a glimpse of success and a true warrior to lead us there. Also understand that at this point you would become a sellable asset, and we are entitled to get the best price for you. Any move won't be overnight. If our price is not met then we don't sell you.

If you have any respect for the club, for us fans, clear your head and sort it out now. Whatever the outcome is, dragging it one will only ever damage the club, your team-mates and our reputation. If you must go, then do us the honour of going with dignity, and let us remember the best of Carlos Tevez, not the Carlos Tevez whose actions threaten to potentially destroy our best chance at achieving our dreams in over 30 years.

We need to bring in at least 2 strikers in January now.....ade looks like he's off, Jo is Jo, Rockys off and Balos a ticking timebomb and although being a skillful player will get himself sent off a number of times. Could get Guidetti back i suppose.

You can tell this is money orientated. If his relationship with Cook and Marwood has broken down this much then he would have gone ages ago.

He's making a few statements here and there in the hope that we give him a new contract to shut him up - "I'll lift the lid on how the club is run". If he wanted to go so badly a new contract wouldn't matter to him.

The longer this goes on, the more Tevez makes himself look like a money-grabbing twat.

Super David Silva said:
We need to bring in at least 2 strikers in January now.....ade looks like he's off, Jo is Jo, Rockys off and Balos a ticking timebomb and although being a skillful player will get himself sent off a number of times. Could get Guidetti back i suppose.

Dzeko & Benzema!

Slats said:
Always wondered with all the goals & effort why I couldn't really warm to him. Now I know, isn't really a blue, Let him retire & keep hold of his registration, no fee no reprisals (we can afford not to recoup the transfer fee). Best result for City, no wages & no player coming back to haunt us!

Thought I was the only one, I never really warmed to him either not sure why. Perhaps it was that he is an ex-utd player or his constant ungrateful moaning about retiring and pissing off to Argentina every chance he could get

does this mean we can sing the hermon monster head song again?

nah but seriously i'm gutted about this, and i think he could of atleast waited til sunday, the team goes joint top of the league and all every1 is talkin about is a player who didnt even play in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.