Cars - flipping annoyances

Looking back through this thread it’s nearly a year since my car broke down and I got rid of it for good (post #31 on 21st January).

I haven’t missed it for one second. One of the best things I’ve ever done is getting rid of my car. We don’t need them half as much as we think we do.

My car has an in-built SatNav that (every single time) runs through the following steps:

1) asks me to confirm I won't choose a route while driving
2) disables the touchscreen once I start the engine
3) once I've chosen a route / destination, asks me if I'm sure?
4) ... then asks me if I want this route to replace the previous chosen route ?
5) ... then (and this is the final straw) asks me if I want to start now ?

Grrrr.

Many, many things under this heading but at the moment its lights. The Mrs has a Hyundai - recently had a brake light out - no probs says I - change the bulb. Did it but only by dismantling a ton of plastic boot lining.

I had a Scenic for a while - headlight out - change the bulb by taking the the wheel arch liner out to access the back of the unit to fit a bulb. Bastard of a job.

Have another Scenic now and side light is out....I can guess the procedure.

Are modern cars just too awkward and to clever for their own good?
Years ago a mate of bought a Hyundai when he came to sell it he could only get buttons for it he said l'v been left high and dry

My car has an in-built SatNav that (every single time) runs through the following steps:

1) asks me to confirm I won't choose a route while driving
2) disables the touchscreen once I start the engine
3) once I've chosen a route / destination, asks me if I'm sure?
4) ... then asks me if I want this route to replace the previous chosen route ?
5) ... then (and this is the final straw) asks me if I want to start now ?

Grrrr.
torch it and use google maps on your phone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.