CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Don't understand the fine but fuck it. Happy days.

Edit- I didn't understand the fine at the time but I do now
Thanks for the 2 dozen responses :-)
I wouldn’t be surprised if UEFA were paying the find themselves or waiving it as it’s the only way they come out of this with any degree of humility

10 million euro, chump change. The burglars at mine got more than that. I'd describe them all as robbing bastards. Loved Prestwich Blue's tweet this morning. The piss is boiling over on Merseyside and Salford Quays. Made my day

The narrative from bitter journalists, UEFA and our competitors will be that we got away with it. The main thing for the club and everyone associated with it to do is to state the truth loud and clear - WE DIDN’T DO IT and the highest court in world sport have made that judgment.

Apparently everyone, it's more complicated than it looks.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, the Guardian's investigative journalist David Conn has said: "It is a surprise, but knowing some things that we know, we can understand how this has come about. It's more complicated than it looks.

"It is a major victory for Manchester City and it is a big blow for Uefa, and their structures. Uefa's panels are run by distinguished lawyers at the same level as the lawyers that staff the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and it [the verdict] is not really saying that Uefa got it completely wrong.

"But it's finding that City obstructed their investigation and failed to cooperate with it. It's still quite a serious finding against a major football club."

You see everyone, the CAS completely overturning UEFA's judgement isn't saying that they got it wrong. And the failing to cooperate charge really is a serious offence. An incredible level of spin in that statement. He could work for Boris Johnson.

Hilarious it’s headline news on the bbc world and they couldn’t resist a Manchester united err Manchester City moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.