CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Finally, I find myself in agreement with the CAS that we had to be fined for non-cooperation with UEFA. I understand why we took that stance, and indeed supported it at the time, but it would have make a nonsense of UEFA's investigatory powers in future cases if we'd not been sanctioned. Nobody would ever cooperate with them again, even where UEFA was demonstrably correct and not conducting the kind of lamentable kangaroo court that we saw in the case of MCFC.

They had no choice on this like you say. You have to trust that the regulatory body is impartial and basing their decisions on facts. They said they were concerned by the leaks but like you say, if they didn't fine City for our failure to cooperate they just end up with case after case before them and that's not how the system should work. They also have to come to the opinion that, if we had presented the requested information, we'd have received a different outcome. They don't see UEFA as the political weapon it is, because it's not supposed to work that way. CAS had to view our failure to comply as ultimately wasting their time and worthy of a fine.

Even if that was the case, the twat still got a job with the EFL.

Bent as fuck all of them.
True. That's on the EFL though.

And that kind of thing in football isn't just confined to the footballing authorities. I recall that dodgy **** Andy Walsh getting ousted out of FC United, yet to my surprise he popped up at a Football Supporters Federation conference I attended in Blackpool - somewhat inexplicably the FSF had given him a job.

Even if that was the case, the twat still got a job with the EFL.

Bent as fuck all of them.
Parry slipped quietly out of UEFA about the same time Al Khelaifi ended up on the UEFA Exec Committee. Amongst Parry's many roles he also worked as a "security consultant" for the Qatari World Cup bid committee. Perhaps it was all just a co-incidence.

True. And you wonder whether UEFA shoved him out the door as some sort of compromise with City regarding our complaint about the leaks.

I thought Parry was moved to the EFL to (de) stabilise the league & somehow get the turkeys to vote against promotion to the premier league.

True. That's on the EFL though.

And that kind of thing in football isn't just confined to the footballing authorities. I recall that dodgy **** Andy Walsh getting ousted out of FC United, yet to my surprise he popped up at a Football Supporters Federation conference I attended in Blackpool - somewhat inexplicably the FSF had given him a job.
Does the FSF handle cash ?

Just askin'

... I'd suggest, therefore, that Prof. Haas is an exception to the above general rule. I suspect he knows full well which side his bread's buttered and didn't want to risk his cosy little arrangement with UEFA by voting against them...
I find that bit to be particularly true. I used to be involved in equity determination where you have to determine what percentage of an oil field belonged to which company. Whilst we had to stick to the facts, we also had to try where possible to get a greater percentage for the oil company we were hired by. In other words, if we didn't get a good percentage for our oil company we wouldn't be selected again.

hmm, oh who cares, wish i hadn't bothered typing that

Just when I thought they'd fucked off & left us alone, they return with even more insidious ways to stop us.

What I don't get is why the red shirt mafia aren't subjected to the same level of scrutiny with their US owned / US based company sponsorship?

Fuckin twats! frowning-face_2639-fe0f.png

https://www.footballinsider247.com/man-city-ffp-busting-plan-in-peril-amid-50m-reveal-sources/

Sources: FFP-busting Man City plan in peril amid £50m document reveal​

Powerful voices within the Premier League want to impose an annual £50million cap on related-party transactions to prevent Man City and Newcastle United from artificially inflating their income.

Just when I thought they'd fucked off & left us alone, they return with even more insidious ways to stop us.

What I don't get is why the red shirt mafia aren't subjected to the same level of scrutiny with their US owned / US based company sponsorship?

Fuckin twats! View attachment 65750

https://www.footballinsider247.com/man-city-ffp-busting-plan-in-peril-amid-50m-reveal-sources/

Sources: FFP-busting Man City plan in peril amid £50m document reveal​

Powerful voices within the Premier League want to impose an annual £50million cap on related-party transactions to prevent Man City and Newcastle United from artificially inflating their income.
I'd look at source pal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.