CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I find it funny that in the year Liverpool win their first premier league, they now say the game is bent, ruined and dead.

Turns out city where the real winners this season after all.

So I don't want to get caught up in conspiracy chat, but I will say this case has really thrown up some mega problems in contemporary sports journalism. It was always a highly specific and complex case, and almost every major paper has been reporting on it based on feelings rather than a technical understanding of the accusations and responses. I don't think I've once seen someone say 'they're being prosecuted for something they've already been punished for, and the evidence that this should be retried is very, very light'.

For me, the sports journalism (if you can call it that) is the piece of this which means in the eyes of the general public we are guilty no matter what. If the reporting of this had been unbiased and based on fact, we might not have seen the fallout we had this morning. Fans of other clubs would have maybe understood the process better, may have understood what we were actually accused of and then understood the complexities of the case a little more. Instead, all they have been told for as long as I can remember is that we are guilty. That is all, CITY ARE GUILTY. Therefore, this morning comes as a huge surprise to them and of course we have bribed CAS, UEFA, NASA, you name it. Unfortunately, winning today cannot reverse the clear smear campaign against the club.

Fuck me...

Theres enough salty tears around the internet to fill an Olympic-size Swimming Pool every 6 minutes.
Edited for accuracy.

And I cannot — this missus is queued you for a celebratory song, but you can take a number for the next available slot. ;-)

La Liga president Javier Tebas on Manchester City’s two-year ban being overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport: “We have to reassess whether the Cas is the appropriate body to which to appeal institutional decisions in football. Switzerland is a country with a great history of arbitration, the Cas is not up to standard.”

What a beautiful day.

-ZTNMqerXnM61vcezcOKdhPXTjxy3HGj-I5VjX5qnt8NuLx6agtQxjdKgtvSpvzFF1bADfQ7fYpqIjoLTdtT_4EdCznnO5M8pHijCcVFPGXTPf_IQnh_ZOBpwclaiWqpq8HZPr6j6r2CiquFJx6WDSlySZ0QORw

BREAKING NEWS: David Conn is still a twunt:

David Conn has said: "It is a surprise, but knowing some things that we know, we can understand how this has come about. It's more complicated than it looks.

"It is a major victory for Manchester City and it is a big blow for Uefa, and their structures. Uefa's panels are run by distinguished lawyers at the same level as the lawyers that staff the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and it [the verdict] is not really saying that Uefa got it completely wrong.

"But it's finding that City obstructed their investigation and failed to cooperate with it. It's still quite a serious finding against a major football club."
And why did City stop cooperating- because Uefa were leaking disclosed information to the press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.