CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

on a serious note this must have cost city a pile of cash to cover the legal side so can we look at recovering costs
Extra penny on a litre of petrol should do it for about an hour, so basically all the whingers help pay for it! Double whammy..

Stolen from r/soccer, posted by a Bayern Munich fan ...

"They didn't make any mockery of UEFA. UEFA were pressured by the football elite to recharge them with a violation for which they had already charged and punished them in 2014. CAS rejected UEFA's new charges and any other legal court would too. I would love to see UEFA and people like Tebas to take this to Swiss Courts only to be rejected there as well. These new charges from before 2014 won't stand in any court of law.
As far as UEFA are concerned, City's compliant with FFP since 2014 and their current income are real with all the TV money, CL money and new sponsorship money. The days that UEFA can charge them for fake sponsorships are over. They are now among the clubs that many global sponsors are interested to advertise with because of global coverage they get and new fans they make around the world."
R/soccer is a truly toxic subreddit, you only have to mention City and you get negged to fuck

The 2 or 3 minutes before 9.30 were simply horrendous. Thought I was having a seizure !!!
My hands were vibrating with nerves, at 09:20 I had the world’s biggest shit and Bluemoon was down.

I was relying on papers I don’t like and decided to go on City’s Twitter.

When I saw they had just posted a statement I thought the worst, when I got to “we welcome...” I got told off for shouting in the bathroom, had only just wiped my arse!

Hardly May 2012 but it was a good moment.

Having watched various news programmes today as well as keeping an eye on twitter etc the overwhelming narrative from the journos seems to be that we somehow 'got away with it'.

Most are leading with the fact that we still have to pay a fine, as if that is related to breaching FFP without qualifying the fact that the fine relates to being uncooperative and obstructing a UEFA investigation.

CAS found in our favour, so surely that proves exactly why we were uncooperative towards UEFA? We knew we didn't have a case and today's decision vindicates that belief. If a fine to UEFA is the price we have to pay for such an important victory, its money well spent!
City were uncooperative because the information UEFA wanted to look at was too late to view under the rules that UEFA had set. You couldn't make it up.

CAS has endorsed a fine on City,for lack of cooperation with EUFA,City explained their reasoning for the lack of cooperation,reason the leaking of information.Did CAS ask EUFA their reason for the leaks.Both sides at fault,but only City are reprimanded.The least CAS could have done is to order EUFA to pay a similar amount to (being Swiss) the Red Cross,for their total incompetence in a legal situation.

"They didn't make any mockery of UEFA. UEFA were pressured by the football elite to recharge them with a violation for which they had already charged and punished them in 2014. CAS rejected UEFA's new charges and any other legal court would too. I would love to see UEFA and people like Tebas to take this to Swiss Courts only to be rejected there as well. These new charges from before 2014 won't stand in any court of law.
As far as UEFA are concerned, City's compliant with FFP since 2014 and their current income are real with all the TV money, CL money and new sponsorship money. The days that UEFA can charge them for fake sponsorships are over. They are now among the clubs that many global sponsors are interested to advertise with because of global coverage they get and new fans they make around the world."
Excellent post, danke.

Another /r/soccer comment that I thought was good, on why journalists don't cover this properly -

I saw a tweet by some tech CEO who was mad at the NYT, which applies here too, he said something like "You can't get a reporter to understand something, when the number of clicks their articles get depends on them not understanding it."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.