CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This is question is a vey big if. What I want to know is that if what you read in the papers to be true about Messi's wages. How come Barcelona have never broken FFP. With Messi reported to be on £1.9million+ a week that comes to about £90million a year. That must be some wage bill that Barcelona pays out per annum to all of its players.
Probably debt. Ffp was designed to stop wealthy owners investing - not the accumulation of debt otherwise many of the holier than thou letter writing and historical clubs would be out of business. Nothing to do with protecting the game, everything to do with protecting a cartel.

I am guessing a large part of Messi's wages are paid through increased sponsorship, you can bet your life their biggest sponsors will have a clause where the value drops if Messi leaves, likewise I am sure we will have numerous potential sponsors wanting to get on board with us to be associated with Messi.

I am all for Lions Messi coming to City. What I don't what is that it causes unrest with the rest of the squad. Which is what will happen should be sign for us. Which could lead us into breaking FFP. That is because we will have to increase the wages of all the other squad players to keep them happy ☺

I am all for Lions Messi coming to City. What I don't what is that it causes unrest with the rest of the squad. Which is what will happen should be sign for us. Which could lead us into breaking FFP. That is because we will have to increase the wages of all the other squad players to keep them happy ☺

Heck. Have you told Khaldoon??

Do the board know this ?

Or the other players realise that Messi is a one off, the best in the world player and they will be overjoyed to be playing with a legend of the game.

Last edited:
Dont think the club would dare put itself under the threat of FFP sanction again after the recent events ! Expect Messi to stay once he gets his own way with a big statement released on the lines of how he loves the club and never wanted to leave and he's now been assured of the team being rebuilt to compete with the best teams in Europe and by the way thanks for the new contract and bumper pay rise !

Dont think the club would dare put itself under the threat of FFP sanction again after the recent events ! Expect Messi to stay once he gets his own way with a big statement released on the lines of how he loves the club and never wanted to leave and he's now been assured of the team being rebuilt to compete with the best teams in Europe and by the way thanks for the new contract and bumper pay rise !
Maybe, but if I've read it correctly he's already on around £90 mill a year, Barca paying even more is doubtful I'd have thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.