CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The Liverpool defender handled it after taking out Sterling too - so a pen on two counts.
The game should have ended 2-2 (if pen converted), yet we lost 3-0.
Bent officials.
The game should have ended 3-0 to us because the Dippers should have been disqualified and banned for another half decade for the coach attack.
Exactly... and we should have been going in at h/t in the 2nd leg 2-0 up (4-2) with 2 away goals.

Was just going to post exactly what @levets posted that disallowed goal on the stroke of HT at home was the killer, had that have correctly stood I've no doubt we'd have qualified.

Was just going to post exactly what @levets posted that disallowed goal on the stroke of HT at home was the killer, had that have correctly stood I've no doubt we'd have qualified.

This was the main event for me too. It should definitely have been 2-0 in the second leg at the break, with Guardiola still on the touchline.

Making predictions on how the first leg had gone if decisions were different is largely meaningless, beyond that Liverpool got lucky during it.

Interesting conclusions about UEFA competition, the way they share the prize money and the consequences in shaping a non "fair" and non "competitive" environment.

Interesting conclusions about UEFA competition, the way they share the prize money and the consequences in shaping a non "fair" and non "competitive" environment.

The good news is City have now joined the elite group despite all attempts to stop our progress. These figures, coupled with FFP, just expose even more how much of a protectionist organisation UEFA is. The system now works in our favour but it is still corrupt as far as I am concerrned. Cartel clubs like Barcelona are allowed to run up debts of almost £800m and still try and pick off the best young players from other clubs.

Having read what he said in German (I can't play the original interview video) I suspect the UK press are spinning it as critical of CAS, especially those outlets saying things like "Former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has criticized the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for overturning Manchester City's two-year Champions League ban."

He hasn't criticised CAS. it's criticism of UEFA for acting against us with "no substantive evidence". My translation: "If the CAS judges thought UEFA had acted badly there's no surprise at the outcome."

"Obviously UEFA's reasoning was just weak."

I can't see a basis in the original for "we must do with Manchester City" except for the possibility of meeting them in the semi-final.

Don't blame Hoeness. It's our press again.
Nah Hoeness or anyone with anyone with political sway with the Bavarian Rags is a ****.

The state of fucking Castles - again.

Duncan Castles

@DuncanCastles

·
7 Aug

Wolves reach settlement agreement with UEFA for breaking Financial Fair Play regulations. Conditional financial punishment of €0.2m is one fiftieth of the sum levied upon Manchester City by CAS for the Abu Dhabi-owned club’s latest contravention of FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.