Cashless society

awest

Keep seeing leaflets about the dangers of a cashless society. Will it be that bad if we go totally digital?

Keep seeing leaflets about the dangers of a cashless society. Will it be that bad if we go totally digital?

It's usually conspiracy theory nutcases who get their knickers in a twist about digital transactions.
I've almost gone cashless, but have reverted to cash transactions at small businesses who are impacted by transaction fees on their "sum up" contactless machines.
When asked "cash or card" I now usually ask the business owner "what do you prefer"?

Yes it will.
Years ago I.D. cards were mooted. Everyone was up in arms about government surveillance etc. A cashless society is exactly the same, they will know everything about you.
My mum's 88, she doesn't have a computer, (online banking) when cash goes, what does she do ?
Going to a City match the tram charged me £8.60 instead of £3.40. I only found out by chance, if I'd paid cash it simply wouldn't have happened.

Seems to be getting pushed by Farage and his mates at GB News at the minute.

The last two bastions of ‘cash only’ Take Aways and Taxis, even seem to have mainly succumbed to it these days, so not much left to hold out.

Personally I don’t really give a fuck. I carry around a score with me for emergencies but it often goes unused for months on end.

I’d be a bit more sympathetic to the ‘Big Brother’ angle, if it wasn’t been pushed by people mincing around with an iPhone in their pocket, tracking their every move.

It's usually conspiracy theory nutcases who get their knickers in a twist about digital transactions.
I've almost gone cashless, but have reverted to cash transactions at small businesses who are impacted by transaction fees on their "sum up" contactless machines.
When asked "cash or card" I now usually ask the business owner "what do you prefer"?
The small business is hammered by bank charges for contactless payments. There are still things you can buy in shops under a quid. Shops lose money on these sales if cash is not used.

The small business is hammered by bank charges for contactless payments. There are still things you can buy in shops under a quid. Shops lose money on these sales if cash is not used.

Which is why I take cash to barbers, my local chippy & small independent pubs.
I couldn't care less about the costs to supermarkets or other large chains, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.