Casillas: Manchester City are Real Madrid’s main rival

I want them again mis. I’m starting to enjoy our rivalry and us bothnot liking each other.

The history between us is very close, here’s our record:
P12 W4 D4 L4 F21 A18
…they’re 2-3 up against us in CL KO round wins.

I want to right the wrong of last season. We missed too many sitters in that home leg and should have comfortably won.
This match still rankles me. I expected us to blast out the trap at em, but we started at a pedestrian pace & allowed them an early goal to defend & hit us on the counter.

When we beat them 4-0, we battered them from minute one to minute 90, & never gave them a breather. If we draw them again, hopefully Pep & the boys will have learned their lesson.

Last edited:
This match still ranckles me. I expected us to blast out the trap at em, but we started at a pedestrian pace & allowed them an early goal to defend & hit us on the counter.

When we beat them 4-0, we battered them from minute one to minute 90, & never gave them a breather. If we draw the again, hopefully Pep & the boys will have learned their lesson.
I kind of get the idea Pep had to try and tire out their front three by making them chase the ball from the off as we passed it around between Ederson Akanji Dias Walker Gvardiol and Rodri, but it killed the atmosphere from the off and worked against us.

As you say, we did the opposite the year before and it had the fans right on it, which even Valverde commented on when asked the most difficult stadium he’s played in said ‘Manchester City stadium. Their fans and the way they play’.

I kind of get the idea Pep had to try and tire out their front three by making them chase the ball from the off as we passed it around between Ederson Akanji Dias Walker Gvardiol and Rodri, but it killed the atmosphere from the off and worked against us.

As you say, we did the opposite the year before and it had the fans right on it, which even Valverde commented on when asked the most difficult stadium he’s played in said ‘Manchester City stadium. Their fans and the way they play’.
Why we started so slowly, therefore killing the atmosphere is beyond me. We could've has easily have gone at em, & still retained possession whilst applying serious pressure.

We were the better team playing catch-up for 70+ minutes, & ended up desperate & bedraggled trying to find an equaliser.

Serious mistakes were made that night.

Since winning the pandemic CL in 2019-20, Bayern have reached the semi finals just once (last season). They’ve definitely slipped down the pecking order and failing to win last season’s Bundesliga also shows that. Hard to argue that we’ve comfortably overtaken them.
But there will no doubt be a concerted effort from them to get to this season’s final with it being in Munich. They’ll still be a tough nut to crack.
I seem to recall they lost in the final there before. Madrid will probably be the team to avoid again although we know we can beat them at least some of the time.

I seem to recall they lost in the final there before. Madrid will probably be the team to avoid again although we know we can beat them at least some of the time.
Correct. Chelsea beat Bayern the last time the final was in Munich (2012).

The 4-0 was the best performance I've ever seen from a City side
There is no doubt in my mind.

Every single player was fantastic that night.

I almost couldn’t believe what I was witnessing.

And, as someone mentioned above, the atmosphere was outstanding, too.

I think, secretly, deep down, they will admit it to themselves, though I doubt many on sad café would post such an opinion.
Why are you even thinking about what they feel "deep down "....haha!!!!. They have been totally irrelevant for many years in the top European football circles. The rest of the world know full well who the top two teams are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.