Cat advice

Has anyone else tried getting there cats used to Hypoallergenic food? is so an idea how long it takes to settle down? his had a bad stomach for a while but the HA food seems to be making it far worse. I guess its just the diet change and will settle but trying to get anyones experiences. 7 days in now.

Has anyone else tried getting there cats used to Hypoallergenic food? is so an idea how long it takes to settle down? his had a bad stomach for a while but the HA food seems to be making it far worse. I guess its just the diet change and will settle but trying to get anyones experiences. 7 days in now.
Sky had to go onto sensitive food and had no problem , why are you trying that food ? Zantac might be better to try first maybe

Our older Cat has chicken that has been shredded up, we give her tidbits of other stuff just to keep her food more interesting but it is in very small amounts.

If she gets near the other cats food she throws it up within half an hour of ingesting it, since we have had her on the chicken only diet she has improved remarkedly and is a much happier cat.

The tidbits are mainly the 3 packs of cold beef pork and turkey from M&S, which we buy for £7.

Sky had to go onto sensitive food and had no problem , why are you trying that food ? Zantac might be better to try first maybe

vets suggestion. 2 weeks of HA food and if stomach still bad go back for tests. He’s stomach has been bad since we took him in ranging from just a bit loose to bloody to near pure liquid. and the occasional epic shit bomb shart that takes about an hour to tidy up. The other week he sprayed it about 5 feet across the utility room! Unintentionally obviously. He was in the litter tray but angled badly.

thankfully he seems to have learned how to go without stepping in it anymore so we don’t have crappy foot prints everywhere.

the vet gave us some paste to use but it’s done nothing.

he’s also scratching a lot and removing patches of fur which could also be a food allergy.

Last edited:
vets suggestion. 2 weeks of HA food and if stomach still bad go back for tests. He’s stomach has been bad since we took him in ranging from just a bit loose to bloody to near pure liquid. and the occasional epic shit bomb shart that takes about an hour to tidy up. The other week he sprayed it about 5 feet across the utility room! Unintentionally obviously. He was in the litter tray but angled badly.
Poor thing is not having a good time with his complaints , sounds like trial and error , i know sensitive food can calm the guts but aside from that i have no other advice about it coming out the other end , he might have got used to eating animals when he was a stray and proper cat food is taking a while to get used to , one tip though dont buy the food from your vet, they have a huge mark up and you can probably get it from amazon much cheaper

Poor thing is not having a good time with his complaints , sounds like trial and error , i know sensitive food can calm the guts but aside from that i have no other advice about it coming out the other end , he might have got used to eating animals when he was a stray and proper cat food is taking a while to get used to , one tip though dont buy the food from your vet, they have a huge mark up and you can probably get it from amazon much cheaper
yeah we were hoping after a month or 2 he would have settled down.

Thankfully our vet seems decent and even said not to buy from them. Not sure her bosses would appreciate that tho!.

Our older Cat has chicken that has been shredded up, we give her tidbits of other stuff just to keep her food more interesting but it is in very small amounts.

If she gets near the other cats food she throws it up within half an hour of ingesting it, since we have had her on the chicken only diet she has improved remarkedly and is a much happier cat.

The tidbits are mainly the 3 packs of cold beef pork and turkey from M&S, which we buy for £7.

we're hoping once he's settled down we can start to introduce chicken etc again. he loves boiled chicken. we were using it for his treats.

Anyone any issues with their cat and Christmas trees. It's our first year with cat and she couldn't give a sh!t about the tree and decorations. I out tree up on Sunday and half expected mess Monday morning

Attachments

• IMG20211205211021.jpg
    IMG20211205211021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
We're going to be setting ours up in phases. we buy decorations every city we visit so there are a lot of valuable decorations on our tree so if Buddy is too interested we're gonna have to work out how to stop him!.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.