Cat advice

Never left my cats outside, too many dangers out there cars , animals , kids/people with bad intentions so on.
I'll never understand how someone who cares about their cat would leave them outside on their own.
Great post.
My daughters beautiful and very friendly male recently had a leg amputated. Vet said it was either a fox or dog mutilated the poor bugger.
I owned two breed cats years ago. It’s kinder to keep them in. I’ve seen too many loved ones dead on the roadside.

Never left my cats outside, too many dangers out there cars , animals , kids/people with bad intentions so on.
I'll never understand how someone who cares about their cat would leave them outside on their own.
We've got a maine coon who is allowed out. No main roads nearby and we live in a quiet cul de sac. He tours his little kingdom and is back in half an hour probably after having a Tom tit in the neighbours garden. Never been out overnight and is now 14 and happy as Larry.

We've got a maine coon who is allowed out. No main roads nearby and we live in a quiet cul de sac. He tours his little kingdom and is back in half an hour probably after having a Tom tit in the neighbours garden. Never been out overnight and is now 14 and happy as Larry.
I am so jealous you have a maine coon , i was close to adopting one before merlin but it fell through , magnificent cats

Glad that hes ok and happy !
I'm protective of mine because I heard too many stories and seen too many cases. In fact one of our cats we found outside with a crushed leg and we adopted her. Was just a few months old too.

Our girl is indoor only now and was when we got her 6 months ago. Not sure if always like that but doesn't even look to go outside. Sits on window sill watching people along river outside our flat. She will occasionally go out to landing and have a sniff then back in again. Re trees etc, we've bought 2 and 2 flat scratching posts, no interest in any of them. I put treats on all to get her used to them, eats treats and gone. Bought her an open bed but didn't look at it once so bought her covered and again puts head in looking for treats and that's it. She usually sleeps on nice soft blanket on sofa. We've recently turned heating on but down low and I've found her sleeping on top of radiators in bedroom and living room

I am so jealous you have a maine coon , i was close to adopting one before merlin but it fell through , magnificent cats
He's a little star, fantastic with kids and even sits and protects our neices little one when she comes to visit sitting by her carry cot. Never brought any wildlife home, even ignored a baby blackbird that came in through our patio doors and sat on the arm of the sofa this spring. So chilled but I put it down to the cannabis the wife has for her Ms spasms:-)

Both the wife and I had cats when growing up and all of them were free to roam and come in. Never had any issues. but certainly for my cats the area outside was quite woodlandish so lots of safe places.

Buddy is the 1st problem cat we have experienced.

I've got a 15 year old Maine Coon and he's always been allowed out I also live in a quite area, we have an outside door that we leave open and an inside door with a cat flap so he can come and go as he pleases, the outside door has CCTV above it and he sits there just looking around for ages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.