"Caught Beneath the Landslide" - Tim Rich

Interesting. Are there insights behind the scenes or just a load of boring match/news reports?

Yeah, there's plenty of insights behind the scenes and it's really well written. Far better than some of the fodder that's been published about the club in recent years. It's a superior City book, up there with Down Amongst The Dead Men and Gary James' stuff.

Yeah, there's plenty of insights behind the scenes and it's really well written. Far better than some of the fodder that's been published about the club in recent years. It's a superior City book, up there with Down Amongst The Dead Men and Gary James' stuff.

That will do for me. Ordering it now.

I bought a Kindle copy earlier in the afternoon. Had a rather slack working day so am already quite a way in - very enjoyable. Have been one or two asides or small comments I haven't agreed with, but it's very well written and the author is very fair, I think.

You can tell he's a Mackem, though (or, at least, his Twitter feed strongly suggests that). ;) He works in quite a few mentions of Sunderland, though, but to give him his due it hasn't grated or seemed gratuitous; they've been through a lot of similar things we did in this period, while some of the notable players in the story served both clubs.

Reactions: dom
Started reading this yesterday. Only a few chapters in, but it's already a great read. Would definitely recommend it. All about City during the 1990s.

Dr4EiwOXQAA0RDP.jpg

Cheers ric

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.