Cavani to PSG (edit) or Real or Us...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave_blue12 said:
Summerbuzz said:
don't want to worry anyone but he really does not have a great first touch. Good pace for a big 'un tho, and he can dribble. Finishing and 'heart' are outstanding. I just hope he adjusts to having defenders nudge him from behind better than Edin.

This is a big difference in the English game. Watch at corners how little holding, bumping and barging there is in the continental game compared to England.

Defenders in England are allowed to get away with so much.

Have you ever watched Walter Samuel play? It's worse in Italy than it is here.

mostonbluemark said:
Danamy said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Can I just ask - isnt Cavani just another Dzeko? Why would he fair any better under the current regime?
Hate him as I do - surely Saurez offers a better option for our style (no wingers). He's also hungry.........

I understand we will be trying a 4-3-3 formation next Season, and our buys will reflect this. Pace and trickery is the order of the day so I suspect not old fashioned centre forwards............any buys must have pace.

You obviously haven't seen Cavani play in Napoli's 4-3-3 system then?

Dan do you have an inkling into how well things are progressing with regards to Cavani. If indeed they are.

Sorry, i wish i was part of the negotiating team but i'm not, we'll find out soon enough

LoveCity said:
Cavani has pace. And he's better than Dzeko. But even were Dzeko to stay I think he'd enjoy it more next season as we look to be implementing more pace and creativity into our squad this summer based on our targets and the likely arrival of Fernandinho.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZfRvl7psY[/youtube]

Joe Hart really should have done better there. Thats embarrassing. More embarrassing still is how they cleared our entire midfield and defence without that much effort. It seemed like they started at a decent speed but actually slowed down towards the end and yet not one of our players had a prayer.

jauganaut said:
LoveCity said:
Cavani has pace. And he's better than Dzeko. But even were Dzeko to stay I think he'd enjoy it more next season as we look to be implementing more pace and creativity into our squad this summer based on our targets and the likely arrival of Fernandinho.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZfRvl7psY[/youtube]

Joe Hart really should have done better there. Thats embarrassing. More embarrassing still is how they cleared our entire midfield and defence without that much effort. It seemed like they started at a decent speed but actually slowed down towards the end and yet not one of our players had a prayer.

That goal summed up our European adventure perfectly. Still annoying to watch.

jauganaut said:

Wtf are you on about? Barry lost the ball in a terrible position with everyone ahead of the ball. Nasri HAD to make sure he brought him down and stop the counter but failed and from that point we were fucked. Nasri was the only one 'cleared'. Kompany and Lescott had to back off and deal with a 3 v 2. Excellent counter attacking.

Danamy said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Can I just ask - isnt Cavani just another Dzeko? Why would he fair any better under the current regime?
Hate him as I do - surely Saurez offers a better option for our style (no wingers). He's also hungry.........

I understand we will be trying a 4-3-3 formation next Season, and our buys will reflect this. Pace and trickery is the order of the day so I suspect not old fashioned centre forwards............any buys must have pace.

No, not much....................obviously. Have Napoli been successful playing this with Cavani then? Haven't heard much of them this Season and you seem ITK..........................<br /><br />-- Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
mostonbluemark said:
Danamy said:

Dan do you have an inkling into how well things are progressing with regards to Cavani. If indeed they are.

Sorry, i wish i was part of the negotiating team but i'm not, we'll find out soon enough

Hang about - I understood from your comment that YOU must have seen alot of Cavani???

Danamy said:
I realise I'm being pedantic but Napoli don't play 4-3-3. They've played with 3 at the back for years.

He's still an awesome player mind.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Danamy said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

No, not much....................obviously. Have Napoli been successful playing this with Cavani then? Haven't heard much of them this Season and you seem ITK..........................

-- Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm --

Danamy said:
mostonbluemark said:

Hang about - I understood from your comment that YOU must have seen alot of Cavani???

2nd in Serie A says yes.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Danamy said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

No, not much....................obviously. Have Napoli been successful playing this with Cavani then? Haven't heard much of them this Season and you seem ITK..........................

-- Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm --

Danamy said:
mostonbluemark said:

Well yeah, maybe he has. That doesn't mean that he's part of the negotiating team.

Laertes said:
Danamy said:
I realise I'm being pedantic but Napoli don't play 4-3-3. They've played with 3 at the back for years.

He's still an awesome player mind.

Napoli's 3-4-3 is the most lethal attacking force I've ever seen at the Etihad. Now if you swap out Hamsik and Lavezzi out for Aguero and Silva on paper its unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.