Cavani to PSG (edit) or Real or Us...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Laertes said:
Danamy said:
You obviously haven't seen Cavani play in Napoli's 4-3-3 system then?
I realise I'm being pedantic but Napoli don't play 4-3-3. They've played with 3 at the back for years.

He's still an awesome player mind.

Napoli's 3-4-3 is the most lethal attacking force I've ever seen at the Etihad. Now if you swap out Hamsik and Lavezzi out for Aguero and Silva on paper its unreal.

did you not see Dortmund then?

BringBackSwales said:
NQCitizen said:
Laertes said:
I realise I'm being pedantic but Napoli don't play 4-3-3. They've played with 3 at the back for years.

Napoli's 3-4-3 is the most lethal attacking force I've ever seen at the Etihad. Now if you swap out Hamsik and Lavezzi out for Aguero and Silva on paper its unreal.

did you not see Dortmund then?

I did and they were incredible too but it's that explosive sweep that Napoli have that really blew me away. Especially with Cavani winning the ball in a defensive mid position and bursting forward. Dortmund were great as a whole team but Napoli's front 3 were out of this world in my opinion.

Thing about that is you need pace. Aguero is fast but not nearly as fast Lavezzi. We need another winger.

-------------Cavani----------------
Silva--------Aguero---------Bale?
----------Yaya------Fernandinho--

alky313 said:
Thing about that is you need pace. Aguero is fast but not nearly as fast Lavezzi. We need another winger.

-------------Cavani----------------
Silva--------Aguero---------Bale?
----------Yaya------Fernandinho--

Reus/Pedro/Sanchez/Lamela our Lavezzi and Silva our Hamsik. Wouldn't mind our own Inler too.

Laertes said:
Danamy said:

You're correct of course in saying that 3-4-3 is their preferred formation but they've also played 4-3-3 in the past, which if rumours are true will be the formation we're looking at playing.

My point is that Cavani wont be out of place in a 4-3-3, like you say Napoli have been playing with a front 3 for years.<br /><br />-- 01 May 2013 21:41 --<br /><br />
Joehannes said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Danamy said:

No, not much....................obviously. Have Napoli been successful playing this with Cavani then? Haven't heard much of them this Season and you seem ITK..........................

-- Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm --

Danamy said:
Sorry, i wish i was part of the negotiating team but i'm not, we'll find out soon enough

Hang about - I understood from your comment that YOU must have seen alot of Cavani???
Well yeah, maybe he has. That doesn't mean that he's part of the negotiating team.

I'm glad someone understood what I posted, thanks

Coljj said:
jauganaut said:
Joe Hart really should have done better there. Thats embarrassing. More embarrassing still is how they cleared our entire midfield and defence without that much effort. It seemed like they started at a decent speed but actually slowed down towards the end and yet not one of our players had a prayer.

Wtf are you on about? Barry lost the ball in a terrible position with everyone ahead of the ball. Nasri HAD to make sure he brought him down and stop the counter but failed and from that point we were fucked. Nasri was the only one 'cleared'. Kompany and Lescott had to back off and deal with a 3 v 2. Excellent counter attacking.

Watch the video again smartass. You obviously did not see that there was only one Napoli player in an advanced position when we lost the ball(even at that he was still in their half). The other 2 from Napoli joined the attack by outpacing the rest of our players, most of whom did not join or did not have the pace to join in defending.
They also managed to out pace both central defenders who were definitely well positioned in terms of dealing with the pace but were too slow to take advantage of the cushion
This charade was capped by Joe hart being beat from a fairly narrow angle and worse still through his legs.
And again before you launch profanity at the beginning of an argument that you clearly have no understanding of the subject matter, open your eyes.

Danamy said:
You're correct of course in saying that 3-4-3 is their preferred formation but they've also played 4-3-3 in the past, which if rumours are true will be the formation we're looking at playing.

My point is that Cavani wont be out of place in a 4-3-3, like you say Napoli have been playing with a front 3 for years.
I entirely agree with you there. To be honest, I'd struggle to think of a front-line he wouldn't fit in, he has it all - strength, pace, technique.

All this 'Cavani is just another Dzeko/won't fit our system' etc. stuff is a myth. The guy is an outstanding footballer, great technique, touch and control. Quick as well. There is no other (out and out) striker I would rather sign this summer.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
All this 'Cavani is just another Dzeko/won't fit our system' etc. stuff is a myth. The guy is an outstanding footballer, great technique, touch and control. Quick as well. There is no other (out and out) striker I would rather sign this summer.

Just hope Falcao isn't another Jo and that Messi guy isnt another Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.