Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they say in Glasgow, going to be pishing it down on Wednesday. Rain and gales. There goes my city break stay. Arrrrrgh!
Hope your wrong about that don't want yet another game called off because of the weather that would be 3 in less than 3 months. This won't be an easy game as Celtic have a proud home tradition in Europe. They are not as strong 1-11 as they used to be but we will need to silence the crowd early on or it could be a difficult night regardless of the conditions.

Obviously the Scottish league is pretty weak, but Celtic still have an impressive home record in the Champions League. Their crowd will be well up for it, so I don't think it will be the formality some people are suggesting.

Not expecting an easy game and I'm pretty sure Pep isn't either.

Last edited:
0.5m€ for a draw.
1.5m€ for a win... (which equals 7 weekly wages for Yaya!!)... :)

Seriously, spurs are the match of the week. As KDB and Nolito will be out for Sunday I would like to give Sterling, Silva, Gundo and Dinho as much of a rest as possible even on that rainy stormy Wed night up north.

Celtic should be a match for Navas and Fernando, 1 half each for Silva/Gundo, same for Sane/Sterling.
Maybe Delph could get some minutes? Last update said he could be back after Swansea. Any news there?
@karen7 Surely you'll follow a pre-match presser, do you know when?

I expect a win, as Celtic should have too many problems to cover our level. Nolito and Sergio could have some fun...
Even a draw wouldn't be a disaster for City. Winning the group would be perfect, but 2nd is good enough. Shouldn't be a problem to achieve that.

0.5m€ for a draw.
1.5m€ for a win... (which equals 7 weekly wages for Yaya!!)... :)

Seriously, spurs are the match of the week. As KDB and Nolito will be out for Sunday I would like to give Sterling, Silva, Gundo and Dinho as much of a rest as possible even on that rainy stormy Wed night up north.

Celtic should be a match for Navas and Fernando, 1 half each for Silva/Gundo, same for Sane/Sterling.
Maybe Delph could get some minutes? Last update said he could be back after Swansea. Any news there?
@karen7 Surely you'll follow a pre-match presser, do you know when?

I expect a win, as Celtic should have too many problems to cover our level. Nolito and Sergio could have some fun...
Even a draw wouldn't be a disaster for City. Winning the group would be perfect, but 2nd is good enough. Shouldn't be a problem to achieve that.
Delph hasn't been mentioned for ages so i don't know when he is back,i'm not sure pep trusts him but we'll see

I presume the posters on here saying 'easy 4-0' etc are the 10-12 year olds who only know City as some sort of decent side. "Celtic are bottom 6 prem level" - catch a grip mate, Celtic operate on a budget of about 1:20 compared to City. It wasn't that long ago when they reached a European final and City were mere premiership fodder being turned over by your neighbours twice a season.

Glad to see some sense on this page, I'm not saying Celtic are gonna surprise anyone and win, or even be able to hold off 4 goals, but remember your history as they've won more European cups than your lot.

Enjoy the atmosphere as you won't see anything compared in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.