Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another factor on tomorrows game...very heavy rain and meant to be windy, all it takes is one slip lol

Yeah but you don't at present. Which is why you're a 'pub team/Championship level team' with your current players and squad.

Bournemouth would turn you over. That doesn't mean they are a 'bigger' club but who gives a fuck about that at the end of the day.

Not arguing about the bigger club, bigger team thing. Just at present yes, you are right the team would struggle to compete with teams from the premiership laden with unlimited wealth (not to mention billionaire owners). It was just a lot of your fellow fans were of the 'haha, easy pub team' without actually knowing that there is a vast gap in finances between your club and mine We don't necessarily choose to have the players we have, it's the only markets we can shop in.

Agreed, it's just a Rangers pub trying to drum up business for themselves. And you'll probably be sharing the bar with a few that were there causing havoc that night in 2008. Wonder if that picture of Margaret Thatcher is still on the wall there...
Hope so. God bless her.

Not arguing about the bigger club, bigger team thing. Just at present yes, you are right the team would struggle to compete with teams from the premiership laden with unlimited wealth (not to mention billionaire owners). It was just a lot of your fellow fans were of the 'haha, easy pub team' without actually knowing that there is a vast gap in finances between your club and mine We don't necessarily choose to have the players we have, it's the only markets we can shop in.

I wouldn't read too much into the "pub team" comments. It's just a lazy, throwaway jibe. I think most people are well aware of the financial disparity between English and Scottish clubs.

It will be a very difficult night against your boys, thats an absolute given.

As Ric says, the disparity financially between clubs in the PL and elsewhere in the UK and pretty much everywhere else in the world is well documented.

Its going to be a cracker of an atmosphere and game imo.

Absolutely agree.

You're obviously a huge club with a huge supporter base, you just can't compete (as you did in 67) with the other high profile clubs in Europe these days (save the odd great performance at Celtic Park) due to the cash you receive playing in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.