Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking about Celtics home GROUP STAGE/LAST 16 Champions League record here it is:

16 wins, 4 draws and 4 loss.

The losses were against Barcelona (twice), Juventus, Milan

Wins against:
Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Lyon, Anderlecht, Shakhtar Donetsk (twice), Copenhagen, Benfica (twice), Man Utd, AC Milan,Villareal, Barca, Spartak Moscow, Ajax

Draws against:
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Benfica, Aalborg

We have the benefit of more champions league experience than Man City, whether that will make a difference we will see tonight, and we are no pushovers at home.

I think given our last few seasons and the 2 coaches on the touchline that's a debateable one.

KDB out is a blow but if we get the first goal, it will be game over and the crowd will get on their backs. I think it will be reasonably comfortable for us but not the 3 or 4 goal rout some might have hoped for.

Celtic fan here.I never go into any champions league game with confidence but with the home crowd Celtic more often than not raise their game and do us proud.City fans have the right to be confident because there probably wouldn't be one Celtic player who would get into the man city first 11 however some city fans confidence borders on the arrogance.Firstly the city fans who are saying we will put the boot in obviously never watch Celtic games.We have a team that don't even tackle as shown by the 3 tackles in the whole game against Barcelona.Its pretty disrespectful calling Celtic the standard of an average English Premiership team.When Celtic beat barca in 2012 and qualified for the last 16 of the champions league ahead of benfica who went into the Europa league and reached the final,the english journalists on the "press pass" on talksport described us as a championship team which was ironic as that season man city,for the second year running,hadn't qualified for the last 16!So long as Celtic don't play the same tactics as we did in Barcelona,ie 5 at the back,and have a go then we'll give you a game.

For those asking about Celtics home GROUP STAGE/LAST 16 Champions League record here it is:

16 wins, 4 draws and 4 loss.

The losses were against Barcelona (twice), Juventus, Milan

Wins against:
Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Lyon, Anderlecht, Shakhtar Donetsk (twice), Copenhagen, Benfica (twice), Man Utd, AC Milan,Villareal, Barca, Spartak Moscow, Ajax

Draws against:
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Benfica, Aalborg

We have the benefit of more champions league experience than Man City, whether that will make a difference we will see tonight, and we are no pushovers at home.

All your great results were years ago.
There stats would have worrying if the game was 5 years ago.
City will have to be awful to get beat tonight.

KDB out is a blow but if we get the first goal, it will be game over and the crowd will get on their backs. I think it will be reasonably comfortable for us but not the 3 or 4 goal rout some might have hoped for.

I'm guessing you've never been to a Celtic game? This isn't the Emirates, Stamford Bridge or the Etihad!

Mod note. Welcome to the Celtic fans. As you can appreciate, this is a City site and therefore views expressed are going to be pretty much biased. Put your opinions across but please do so respectfully. The same courtesy needs to be reciprocated back as well please Blues.

Cheers.

Mod note. Welcome to the Celtic fans. As you can appreciate, this is a City site and therefore views expressed are going to be pretty much biased. Put your opinions across but please do so respectfully. The same courtesy needs to be reciprocated back as well please Blues.

Cheers.

Fair enough, in the main we are under no illusions where we are as a club in comparison to City, we just realise better teams than City have come to CP and been humbled. Personally I think City will win but it'll be a far closer game than the Barca drubbing.

Naw we wont get on our teams back, that's not something Celtic fans do, we know the team will need backed to the hilt tonight.

Cheers.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.