Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic fan here.I never go into any champions league game with confidence but with the home crowd Celtic more often than not raise their game and do us proud.City fans have the right to be confident because there probably wouldn't be one Celtic player who would get into the man city first 11 however some city fans confidence borders on the arrogance.Firstly the city fans who are saying we will put the boot in obviously never watch Celtic games.We have a team that don't even tackle as shown by the 3 tackles in the whole game against Barcelona.Its pretty disrespectful calling Celtic the standard of an average English Premiership team.When Celtic beat barca in 2012 and qualified for the last 16 of the champions league ahead of benfica who went into the Europa league and reached the final,the english journalists on the "press pass" on talksport described us as a championship team which was ironic as that season man city,for the second year running,hadn't qualified for the last 16!So long as Celtic don't play the same tactics as we did in Barcelona,ie 5 at the back,and have a go then we'll give you a game.

rubbish even your keeper is a thug .....

BRENDAN RODGERS is unhappy BT Sport ran 14 replays of Craig Gordon’s Betfred Cup challenge on Alloa’s Greig Spence.

I get that — just one look was enough to see it deserved a straight red card.

Brendan picks his words with tweezers so you can bet he knew what he was doing.

Backing whistler Alan Muir will have gone down well within the refereeing community. Likewise, Gordon needs a bit of support right now.

But the keeper’s lunge at Spence would have seen him done for assault on Sauchiehall Street.

Brendan’s claim that Celtic had two players goal-side is irrelevant. Thanks to Kolo Toure’s poor positioning Gordon had to come all the way.

The big keeper was late, high and leading with his studs. It’s a nailed-on red card.

As for the number of slow motion replays? Is he saying there’s an agenda here? Listen, there was a time when Celtic justifiably felt they were being done in by the football establishment.

For those asking about Celtics home GROUP STAGE/LAST 16 Champions League record here it is:

16 wins, 4 draws and 4 loss.

The losses were against Barcelona (twice), Juventus, Milan

Wins against:
Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Lyon, Anderlecht, Shakhtar Donetsk (twice), Copenhagen, Benfica (twice), Man Utd, AC Milan,Villareal, Barca, Spartak Moscow, Ajax

Draws against:
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Benfica, Aalborg

We have the benefit of more champions league experience than Man City, whether that will make a difference we will see tonight, and we are no pushovers at home.

I really don't think anyone should underestimate Celtics pedigree and home performances and if you read most sensible posts on this forum you will find City fans know this will be very tough. Your home crowd create an atmosphere like no other and we are well aware that can unsettle the best of players. It'll be a good game, enjoy but of course we want our guys to win, can't argue with that.

Fair enough, in the main we are under no illusions where we are as a club in comparison to City, we just realise better teams than City have come to CP and been humbled. Personally I think City will win but it'll be a far closer game than the Barca drubbing.

It will be one hell of a game mate. Its a one off in which your guys can throw the kitchen sink at us because you have literally nothing to lose. the crowd and atmosphere thrown in and it will be one hell of a tough night for us.

Should we win? yes of course we should on paper but football isnt played on paper.

i cant wait for it, huge game.

Celtic fan here.I never go into any champions league game with confidence but with the home crowd Celtic more often than not raise their game and do us proud.City fans have the right to be confident because there probably wouldn't be one Celtic player who would get into the man city first 11 however some city fans confidence borders on the arrogance.Firstly the city fans who are saying we will put the boot in obviously never watch Celtic games.We have a team that don't even tackle as shown by the 3 tackles in the whole game against Barcelona.Its pretty disrespectful calling Celtic the standard of an average English Premiership team.When Celtic beat barca in 2012 and qualified for the last 16 of the champions league ahead of benfica who went into the Europa league and reached the final,the english journalists on the "press pass" on talksport described us as a championship team which was ironic as that season man city,for the second year running,hadn't qualified for the last 16!So long as Celtic don't play the same tactics as we did in Barcelona,ie 5 at the back,and have a go then we'll give you a game.

Welcome but chill. City fans are as passionate about their team as you are about yours so they ain't gonna say nice things about opposition on their own forum? I for one think Celtic will be a more important game than Barca and more difficult than MMG away and don't underestimate the power of the Parkhead crowd but that said I still wan City to win convincingly.

A league 2 side can beat a top premier league side on their day in a one off game so of course Celtic have it in them to potentially beat us tonight at their place.

But if you Celtic fans seriously think you would be anywhere near a top half premier league side over the course of the season then your just deluded.

Not unlike playing a Championship side away in the cup, this one. They presumably have a good pitch which helps. 9 times out of 10 we would win this game, but there's always the one freak result. We are due a bit of bad luck too, a sending off or couple of freak goals or something.

My head says a nice comfortable 2-0 win, although something in my heart suspects one of those disastrous nights.

The difference with playing a championship team is Celtic are very used to winning. Its a possitive and a negative for them, they will have confidence with the ball but in terms of defending they will have to make a massive step up from what they normally have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.