Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried in the slightest tonight (unless there's a severe banana skin). But facts are we know a lot of their players and their weaknesses.

Kolo will be terrified at the thought of having to mark Kun. Nir Bitton will have a torrid time trying to close down our middle, and Scott Sinclair had such a bad time at City I can see him bottling it(or having the game of his life, but most likely not).

Unless the weather, ref or cards play a factor, we should destroy these on a bad day. On a good day....

Cheers Celtic fans!
A lot of us always like to see a passionate underdog win. I also love the atmosphere at Celtic Park although never been there.
Problem is we want to win tonight and I also think we will. You know, Pep's got a plan. Your weak points will be addressed directly.

Could you boyhs just save all that what you'd like to happen tonight for your revenge match against Barca?
Thanks and rock the park. :)

Make no mistake this could be a tricky game.....BR's has had a fair record against City......If Celtic score first the crowd come into play big style, we will need to weather the storm........this is a well drilled City side unlike the previous teams BR has played against........the first goal matters, if City score first I expect more goals......if Celtic score first game on.......hoping for a comfortable night with no injuries.......we need a strong ref for this game.
Speaking of which, who is reffing it?

I will be interested to see how we fair tonight, I genuinely feel that Pep is on the cusp of something very special and our winning run is quite frankly exceptional. I can understand why people may think this game is a forgone conclusion but i believe it will be a really tough ask. They are known to have passionate fans and the ground is very intimidating, they have a manage who knows us well and has put on over on us on a number of occasions.

I believe we have enough tonight but it will not be straight forwards.

Celtic fan here.I never go into any champions league game with confidence but with the home crowd Celtic more often than not raise their game and do us proud.City fans have the right to be confident because there probably wouldn't be one Celtic player who would get into the man city first 11 however some city fans confidence borders on the arrogance.Firstly the city fans who are saying we will put the boot in obviously never watch Celtic games.We have a team that don't even tackle as shown by the 3 tackles in the whole game against Barcelona.Its pretty disrespectful calling Celtic the standard of an average English Premiership team.When Celtic beat barca in 2012 and qualified for the last 16 of the champions league ahead of benfica who went into the Europa league and reached the final,the english journalists on the "press pass" on talksport described us as a championship team which was ironic as that season man city,for the second year running,hadn't qualified for the last 16!So long as Celtic don't play the same tactics as we did in Barcelona,ie 5 at the back,and have a go then we'll give you a game.
Your best players would just about make teams in the relegation scrap in the Premiership and your worst would play for Championship teams. So their level is about that to which you are unhappy with.

The difference is that you're a different animal at home and whilst some of your players would struggle to get a game for Sunderland, your fans at home even the game up considerably, hence your great track record at home and appalling record on your travels.

For those asking about Celtics home GROUP STAGE/LAST 16 Champions League record here it is:

16 wins, 4 draws and 4 loss.

The losses were against Barcelona (twice), Juventus, Milan

Wins against:
Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Lyon, Anderlecht, Shakhtar Donetsk (twice), Copenhagen, Benfica (twice), Man Utd, AC Milan,Villareal, Barca, Spartak Moscow, Ajax

Draws against:
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Benfica, Aalborg

We have the benefit of more champions league experience than Man City, whether that will make a difference we will see tonight, and we are no pushovers at home.
Your fans and board might, which doesn't count for anything. Your team does not.

Ctb2DvlWEAAP-ZB.jpg

Celtic fan here.I never go into any champions league game with confidence but with the home crowd Celtic more often than not raise their game and do us proud.City fans have the right to be confident because there probably wouldn't be one Celtic player who would get into the man city first 11 however some city fans confidence borders on the arrogance.Firstly the city fans who are saying we will put the boot in obviously never watch Celtic games.We have a team that don't even tackle as shown by the 3 tackles in the whole game against Barcelona.Its pretty disrespectful calling Celtic the standard of an average English Premiership team.When Celtic beat barca in 2012 and qualified for the last 16 of the champions league ahead of benfica who went into the Europa league and reached the final,the english journalists on the "press pass" on talksport described us as a championship team which was ironic as that season man city,for the second year running,hadn't qualified for the last 16!So long as Celtic don't play the same tactics as we did in Barcelona,ie 5 at the back,and have a go then we'll give you a game.

But that's where your best player's are at level wise, in fact for some, that's above their level. Scott Sinclair for example - good Championship level player/Prem relegation team level.

As a club with your history, your "bigger" than the Championship of course, but don't let that delude you about your team. A handful of hard competetive games alongside the competition of the SPL vs. the hard competition of the Championship nowadays week in week out is a big difference over the course of a season. That is the difference in viewpoint between us making comments on this forum and Celtic fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.