Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Scottish footballers have played in Italy? Unfortunately Scottish footballers don’t travel [/QUOTE]
They probably have done better than the rest of the UK.
Law Jordan Souness and there is a lad Henderson doing well in Italy now.
Ex Celtic and Hibs.

Hi Magicpole!

We won’t sell him for that paltry amount. He’s class and will get even better. When you look at the fees paid in England to players who aren’t as good you need to tell all the English clubs to fuck off unless they get real. We got fleeced with VVD, we can’t let that happen again.

As for the league we are in? It isn’t as poor as is painted. It suffers from lack of resources but there’s nothing we can do about that. We are bringing in a few good players to help us qualify for the CL. We do that and no one here will be able to live with us. Add in the £60m+ it brings us, makes us able to take another step forward.

Rangers and their pals in the press talk up Slippy. He won fuck all. Our team were ru ning on empty after last seasons shambkes of a window and we still won the treble. He didn’t even get to a cup final. They string a couple of wins together and they think they’re Glasgelona when they’re in reality Glasgowestbrom. Without the laughs.

We won’t sell him for that paltry amount. He’s class and will get even better. When you look at the fees paid in England to players who aren’t as good you need to tell all the English clubs to fuck off unless they get real. We got fleeced with VVD, we can’t let that happen again.

As for the league we are in? It isn’t as poor as is painted. It suffers from lack of resources but there’s nothing we can do about that. We are bringing in a few good players to help us qualify for the CL. We do that and no one here will be able to live with us. Add in the £60m+ it brings us, makes us able to take another step forward.

Rangers and their pals in the press talk up Slippy. He won fuck all. Our team were ru ning on empty after last seasons shambkes of a window and we still won the treble. He didn’t even get to a cup final. They string a couple of wins together and they think they’re Glasgelona when they’re in reality Glasgowestbrom. Without the laughs.
You accepted what you considered a good deal at the time, stop talking bollocks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Oh and the league you are in, IS as poor as it is painted. Awful, awful quality, your second highlighted sentence proves that.

You accepted what you considered a good deal at the time, stop talking bollocks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Oh and the league you are in, IS as poor as it is painted. Awful, awful quality, your second highlighted sentence proves that.

Did we fuck. Every **** was raging. I don’t know where you got that bolloks from, because it wasn’t from us. Utter shit

Did we fuck. Every **** was raging. I don’t know where you got that bolloks from, because it wasn’t from us. Utter shit
You sold him, you ACCEPTED the offer, that means you found it reasonable, not sure what's so difficult to understand about that?

Either way, he left a pub league to better himself, just as Tierney will, and any other half decent player you are likely to get in.

I wonder why that thug Scott Brown hasn't been sold....

You sold him, you ACCEPTED the offer, that means you found it reasonable, not sure what's so difficult to understand about that?

Either way, he left a pub league to better himself, just as Tierney will, and any other half decent player you are likely to get in.

I wonder why that thug Scott Brown hasn't been sold....

The board did. We knew he was worth so much more. Stones went to you for £50m and we knew even then he wasn’t in VVd’s league. Couldn’t lace his fucking boots and why I was hoping city would sign him. I said at the time if he goes to Liverpool they step up as contenders and they have. Your defence has sold the jerseys in the CL two years running and Stones is still there.

Pub league? Never heard that before.

The board did. We knew he was worth so much more. Stones went to you for £50m and we knew even then he wasn’t in VVd’s league. Couldn’t lace his fucking boots and why I was hoping city would sign him. I said at the time if he goes to Liverpool they step up as contenders and they have. Your defence has sold the jerseys in the CL two years running and Stones is still there.

Pub league? Never heard that before.
If the cap fits.....

That league is absolutely wank.
Probably about the same as league 1 in england.
Completely pointless.
One of two shit teams win it year in year out.

This is a great read,we all no someone who missed out on what we’ve seen

A wee visit to Heaven.

A Celtic fan goes to visit his best friend Pat in heaven for a day, who passed away just after Celtic`s centenary year in 1988.

The friend walks in and spots Pat. Pat he shouts
Pat, whit you dain here?
Friend, Ach i just thought i`d come and visit you, av missed you so much..with that they give each other a great big hug.
Friend, So whit likes it in here?
Pat, aye it awright, you`ll never guess who came in the other day?
Friend, Who?
Pat, Cesar and Stevie Chalmers,then Harry Hood came in , that`s 6 of the Lions in here noo, they awe sit oar there laughing and joking, but Gods at his whits end wie Jinky, he`s always cairrying oan.
Friend, Whit diz God say aboot it?
Pat, `he jist laffs and shakes his heid.
Friend, thats a while yuv been in here noo eh?
Pat, Aye came in jist efter we won the Double in oor centenary year, Remember we wur both at Hampden that day, when Celtic scored in last 5 minutes to win the double?
Friend, Aye i`ll never forget that day, it wiz Scorching tae, remember?
Pat, aye good times.So whits happened efter oor centenary year, did we clean up?
Friend, well naw, things got quite bad for us Pat.The following year we stopped Rangers winning the treble, by winning The Scottish cup, We beat them wan nothing, Wee Joe Miller scored.
Pat, Ach that`s no to bad, least we won something.
Friend, Pat, but things got a lot worse.
Pat, Whit dae ye mean ?
Friend, well remember we were always oan aboot The Kellys and Whites, no spending money?
Pat, Aye.
Friend, well Rangers took full advantage of it and started to dominate us , we wur oan oor knees.
Pat, Whit ye mean oan oor knees?
Friend, Pat we cudny compete with them, they wur buying aw the best players,and as usual we wur spending pennys hoping to catch them up, but it wiz in vain.But the funny thing is, they signed a tim.
Pat, Rangers signed a tim, ye winding me up?
Friend, naw, and you`ll never guess who they signed?
Pat, who?
Friend, Mo Johnstone!
Pat,Thee Mo Johnstone that played wie us, or another wan?
Friend, aye Thee Mo Johnstone.
Pat, hod oan, i wiz at Love Street wie you the day we beat St Mirren 5 nuthing tae win the league, he scored fur us that day,and your trying tae tell me he signed fur them?
Friend, aye Pat it`s awe true, he even scored the winner against us in the last minute at Ibrox
Pat, ah canny believe whit yer telling me here,
Friend, Pat it gets a lot worse, it wiz hard times for Celtic fans.
Pat, whit dae ye mean, it gets a lot worse?
Friend, well ah dunno how to tell ye this, but they went on tae git 9 in a row.
Pat, ye mean they equaled Jock Steins 9 in a row.
Friend, aye Pat, it wiz sare watching it.
Pat, but surely we musta won sumhing.
Friend , we did, we won a Scottish cup under Tommy Burns, but things wur a mess.
Pat, canny believe they won 9 in a row,
Friend, Pat it`s awe troo, but things took a change fur the better but it wiz a long hard slog.
Pat, whit dae ye mean?
Friend,well ye remember ah wiz telling ye aboot The Whites and Kellys, well the celtic fans finally hid enuff ae them, and started protesting and boycotting games in the hope they wid leave.
Pat, an did they leave?
Friend, well no at first, they did their usual an tried tae pull the wool oar our eyes.
Pat,whit dae ye mean?
Friend, well they telt us we wur moving fae Paradise tae Cambuslang an we wur gonna git a state of art stadium
Pat, Please don`t tell me we moved away fae Paradise.
Friend, naw Pat we didny, we`re still there the day.
Pat, Ye nearly gave me a heart attack there.So whit happened next?
Friend, Well you`ll never believe this, a wee guy by the name of Fergus McCann came fae naewhere and put together a group of rebels and finally managed to get shot of The Whites and Kellys, The Celtic fans were going mental with joy at the news,
Pat, so who iz Fergus McGann?
Friend, naw Pat his names McCann,no Mcgann
Friend, A wee guy that came fae Croy, but emigrated tae Canada, where he made hunners ae money,and decided tae invest in Celtic.
Pat, So we got better players wie his money?
Friend, Naw Pat, he decided tae redevelop the stadium,and telt us he wid gie us a stadium we wud be proud ae.
Pat, ye mean they knocked doon the Jungle?
Friend, Aye Pat, but what a stadium we hiv the day,
Pat, ack, we hid sum great times in the Jungle, remember?
Friend, the best times.
Pat, so whit happened next, am dreading ye telling me the huns goat tae 10 in a row.
Friend, naw, we went through a couple ae mangers guys like Lou Macari, Liam Brady, we even hid a doacter in charge by name of Jo Venglos ,but sadly ,the huns still hid the upper hawn oan us.
Pat, so if they hid the upper hawn oan us, they musta won 10 in a row.
Friend, Pat, we goat this wee Dutch guy as oor manager, Wim Jansen, and he made Murdo MacLeod his assistant, remember we wur there that night Murdo scored a screamer, when 10 men won the league?
Pat, aye , whit a night that wiz.so whit happened tae their 10 in a row?
Friend, Pat it was nerve racking, av never been so nervous in aw ma life, it went doon tae last game of the season,and we wur playing St Johnstone at Parkheed, if we won, we won the league and stoapped their 10, we beat them 2 nuthing, a Nowegian scored and this guy called Henrik Larsson, Pat whit a player this guy was, he went oan tae become Celtic 3rd highest goal scorer in history, the fans called him King Henrik, he wiz always scoring against the huns, honestly Pat, this guy cudny stoap scoring goals fur us,.
Pat, So we went oan tae dominate did we?
Friend, naw Pat, things were still a bit topsy turvy, the wee Dutch manager left after a season.
Pat, yer telling me, a guy won us the league and stoapped that mob dain 10, and he left?
Friend, aye Pat, the board and him hid a .disagreement, and he walked away, but left us as Champions.
Pat, Then whit?
Friend, well they made this Irishman the manager, guy called Martin O`Neill,remember him? he played in that great Nottingham Forest team that won the European cup twice in the 79 n 80
Pat, aye that wiz a good team, but wiz he any good wie us?
Friend, Pat in his 1st season, we won the treble,
Pat, laughs, no way
Friend, aye Pat he did, we hid some great players in that side, but thats no the best part, he took us tae a European final in Seville, 80,000 Celtic fans went tae Seville Pat, Celtic were showing signs they wur oan the road back tae greatness Pat.
Friend,, But he left as well, you`ll never guess who we goat as manager next?
Friend, Who wiz the player ye hated the maist in the 80s and played fur Aberdeen?
Pat, Ah hated that wee Strachan, but it widny be him.
Friend, Pat, it wiz, but listen, he grew tae love the Celtic and won us a few leagues, he did awright wie us honest Pat.
Pat, this is hard tae take in , wid never huv thought he wid become oor manager, he hated us back in the day.
Friend, Well he did, and he became great friends wie Tommy Burns,
Pat, funny ye say that, Tommy and a young fella by name of Phil O`Donnell wur sitting jist doon there last night, killing themselves laughing at sumhing
Friend, two good men Pat.
So how long did wee Strachan stay fur?
Friend, fae 2005 tae 2009, he left and Celtic gave the joab tae a guy called Neil Lennon, an Irishman, we loast the league that year, but Pat, he managed to win us 3 league titles in a row, then he left, it wiz nuts.
Pat, he won 3 in a row and left, sounds like the usual,
Friend, well next they appointed a Norwegian guy called Ronny Delia, naebdy hid heard ae him, remember thinking, whit the fuck at the time.
Pat, gonnie stoap swearing , you`ll git me fucked oot here,and its aweright in here.
Friend, sorry mate, but this guy Delia, he won us another two oan the trot, then left.
Pat, hod oan, if the guy called Lennon won us 3 in a row, and that Ronny guy won us 2, that makes 5, ye mean we won 5 in a row?
Friend, aye Pat and it gets better, efter Ronny left, we got this guy, another Irishman called Brendan Rodgers.
Pat, and yer telling me it goat better ?,
Friend, Pat yer never gonnie believe this, he won the treble in his 1st season and we went thru the season undefeated, they wur called .The Invincibles, it wiz unreal he then won us another treble in his next season, tae make us double treble winners,1st team in Scotland tae dae it,the supporters were ecstatic Pat.
Pat, wait the noo, so if ma countings right, thats us done 7 in a row?
Friend, Aye Pat 7 in a row unbelievable
Pat, so is the guy Rodgers still winning with us?
Friend, Pat, he left us, under poor circumstances,and went tae Leicester city,the hing is Pat, he left a lot of Celtic fans with a sour taste, we wur going fur the league and Scottish cup, when he walked away, he hid already won us the league cup in November.
Pat, he won two trebles and walked away, no way, so yer meaning tae tell me, we`re in with a good chance ae another treble? whits gawn oan doon there?
Friend, Well ye remeber ah telt ye aboot the Irishman Lennon, who won us 3 in a row,when Rodgers left, Celtic appointed him as interim tae help us try tae achieve the unimaginable and get a Treble Treble.
Pat, so noo yer gonnie tell me, we messed up and the huns won the double?
Friend, Pat, he managed it, we won the league a few weeks ago, and won the Scottish cup oan Saturday, there were thousands n thousands oan the streets dancing , singing and having the time of their life`s, Pat its been unimaginable;to think whit we went thru in the 90s, Celtic have cleaned up for last 3 years.
With that Pat raises himself from his chair, tears streaming from his eyes, and gives his best mate the biggest cuddle ever.
Friend, Pat, ah better go noo, ah telt the wife ah wiz only nipping doon tae the bookies, that wiz 9 hours ago.

As Pat`s mate was jist about tae enter the lift, he shouted tae Pat, oh Pat, wan last thing.
The huns were liquidated!!

The moral of the story Bhoys and Ghirls,We all know and love someone like Pat, enjoy the good times a lot of great people never got the chance to witness what we have...Here`s to 9 in a row fur Pat HH boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.