Celtic thread 2020/21

They’re warbling on as if the existing relationship has somehow been exploitative, with Celtic gaining nothing; yet, from our vantage point, I’m struggling to see what we’ve gained from sending certain players on loan- some careers have nosedived, and nobody forced Celtic to buy anyone.
A player's career nosedives because they chuck it. End of. Plus if a few guys come up with conspiracy theories, they should be treated like any other **** who does. A few doesn't mean the support. It means a few.

Well G'day Cobbers, Struth, what a drongo of a week it's been for most on here. You cunts deciding to take a night off on Saturday, the day before, I returned from Edinburgh to find that Eddy "the Dingo" Howe, had shat in the billabong and we were left in the Outback looking in at a disaster everyone feared.

I sat out in the garden with my Shiela, having a couple of cold tinnies and she sat and listened as I went down under in rage. She has about as much interest in football, as I do with Hollyoaks. But, she sat there and listened as I used every swearword I could think of to vent.

The Haar had moved in from the coast, a cold, miserable form of fog, that blanks out the sun and chills you to the bone, quite fitting.

So now it looks as if we have moved from Howe, to a guy whose name I can't spell and who lives and works where we sent all the convicts. You have to hand it to our board, if there is defeat to he snatched from the jaws, they don't fuck about. I got a text from my big Rangers pal, it simply said, "The season that just keeps giving" A text I have sent to that **** many times these last year's, so Fair Dinkum to the twat.

It's as if I am drinking sheep dip, when I had my heart set on a nice English ale. The only thing I can do is get myself a hat with corks hanging from it, throw a couple of prawns on the barbie and sing Waltzing Matilda until the rossers come round and take me away.

Readers of any of my posts, will know how much I love the Australian game and the J League where he is now, is probably the best in the world, so no worries about Ange coming in. I'm just wondering if Dirty Den will be his number two.

Altogether now.

When I was a young man I carried me pack
And I lived the free life of the rover.
From the Murry's green basin to the dusty outback,
Well, I waltzed my Matilda all over.
Then in 1915 my country said, "Son,
It's time you stop rambling, there's work to be done."
So they gave me a tin hat and they gave me a gun
And they marched me away to the war.
And the band played Waltzing Matilda,
As the ship pulled away from the quay
And midst all the cheers, flag waving and tears,
We sailed off for Gallipoli

And we all know how that worked out. Still, he's probably better than Lennon and it's a sad day, when that's all I can hang onto. Where's a great white shark when you need one?

Well G'day Cobbers, Struth, what a drongo of a week it's been for most on here. You cunts deciding to take a night off on Saturday, the day before, I returned from Edinburgh to find that Eddy "the Dingo" Howe, had shat in the billabong and we were left in the Outback looking in at a disaster everyone feared.

I sat out in the garden with my Shiela, having a couple of cold tinnies and she sat and listened as I went down under in rage. She has about as much interest in football, as I do with Hollyoaks. But, she sat there and listened as I used every swearword I could think of to vent.

The Haar had moved in from the coast, a cold, miserable form of fog, that blanks out the sun and chills you to the bone, quite fitting.

So now it looks as if we have moved from Howe, to a guy whose name I can't spell and who lives and works where we sent all the convicts. You have to hand it to our board, if there is defeat to he snatched from the jaws, they don't fuck about. I got a text from my big Rangers pal, it simply said, "The season that just keeps giving" A text I have sent to that **** many times these last year's, so Fair Dinkum to the twat.

It's as if I am drinking sheep dip, when I had my heart set on a nice English ale. The only thing I can do is get myself a hat with corks hanging from it, throw a couple of prawns on the barbie and sing Waltzing Matilda until the rossers come round and take me away.

Readers of any of my posts, will know how much I love the Australian game and the J League where he is now, is probably the best in the world, so no worries about Ange coming in. I'm just wondering if Dirty Den will be his number two.

Altogether now.

When I was a young man I carried me pack
And I lived the free life of the rover.
From the Murry's green basin to the dusty outback,
Well, I waltzed my Matilda all over.
Then in 1915 my country said, "Son,
It's time you stop rambling, there's work to be done."
So they gave me a tin hat and they gave me a gun
And they marched me away to the war.
And the band played Waltzing Matilda,
As the ship pulled away from the quay
And midst all the cheers, flag waving and tears,
We sailed off for Gallipoli

And we all know how that worked out. Still, he's probably better than Lennon and it's a sad day, when that's all I can hang onto. Where's a great white shark when you need one?

Lol. I take you're not handling the news about being linked with Ange Postecoglou too well.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. This guy is an excellent manager - plays great football and knows how to win, real class. Levels above Slippy G. Destined for the Premier League at some stage IMO. Personally I wanted him to become an assistant to Pep after Arteta left, given our links to Yokohama.

Don't be twats, get behind him if he's your manager. You'll be singing his praises if and when he delivers you success, should he be confirmed. That he's an Aussie (Greek background, born there too) means nothing and shouldn't deter anyone.

Lol. I take you're not handling the news about being linked with Ange Postecoglou too well.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. This guy is an excellent manager - plays great football and knows how to win, real class. Levels above Slippy G. Destined for the Premier League at some stage IMO. Personally I wanted him to become an assistant to Pep after Arteta left, given our links to Yokohama.

Don't be twats, get behind him if he's your manager. You'll be singing his praises if and when he delivers you success, should he be confirmed
I will get behind him. I have no choice. It's all down to wether he has an eye for a player. That would be a first for a few years.

I will get behind him. I have no choice. It's all down to wether he has an eye for a player. That would be a first for a few years.

He's definitely shown that he does so far. Also tends to get the best out of whatever he's got. He won the Asian Cup in 2015 with a dog shite squad. Turned the Australian team around despite losing huge talent and experience to make two World Cups, trusting youth and emerging talent, unlike his Continental predecessors. Had the team performing at a very respectable level in Brazil, despite the clear gulfs in class during the group stage.

If you want someone in the mould of Rodgers, he's it. Guaranteed he'll be taking this role as a stepping stone to getting into the PL.

Last edited:
He's definitely shown that he does so far. Also tends to get the best out of whatever he's got. He won the Asian Cup in 2015 with a dog shite squad. Turned the Australian team around despite losing huge talent and experience to make two World Cups, trusting youth and emerging talent, unlike his Continental predecessors. Had the team performing at a very respectable level in Brazil, despite the clear gulfs in class during the group stage.

If you want someone in the mould of Rodgers, he's it. Guaranteed he'll be taking this role as a stepping stone to getting into the PL.
I hope he moves to a top four club, because in order to get that, he will need to be pretty fucking good. I hope you're right about his abilities. This situation, granted because we don't know him, was like being told you were going into a room where Chalice Theron was waiting to shag you to death, and you get in there to find Theresa May. Dancing.

I hope he moves to a top four club, because in order to get that, he will need to be pretty fucking good. I hope you're right about his abilities. This situation, granted because we don't know him, was like being told you were going into a room where Chalice Theron was waiting to shag you to death, and you get in there to find Theresa May. Dancing.

Top 4 in the PL? Nah no chance of that.

I can see him getting in at a Crystal Palace/Brighton/West Brom/Watford level if he were to do well at Celtic. He'd definitely be taking this job because it'd give him the best chance of success and gaining attention, as a pathway to the PL.

Two years ago we played his Yokohama at pretty much full strength and they gave us a very good run - many of us were quite impressed at the time. Even managed to dominate us in possession, something that I cannot remember ever happening under Guardiola - no less by a J-League side.

Top 4 in the PL? Nah no chance of that.

I can see him getting in at a Crystal Palace/Brighton/West Brom/Watford level if he were to do well at Celtic. He'd definitely be taking this job because it'd give him the best chance of success and gaining attention, as a pathway to the PL.

Two years ago we played his Yokohama at pretty much full strength and they gave us a very good run - many of us were quite impressed at the time. Even managed to dominate us in possession, something that I cannot remember ever happening under Guardiola - no less by a J-League side.
I know theres no chance he would get a top four job, I'm just hoping that he was that brilliant and that would require he qualifies for the CL every year and we do well. So, fucking no chance of that happening. It's a shit show and if this guy isn't coated in titanium, he should think twice about coming. He will have zero wiggle room. If we wanted him he would, but after this latest fiasco it seems like a punt and we have had literally hundreds of them. Spoiler; none have worked.

I know theres no chance he would get a top four job, I'm just hoping that he was that brilliant and that would require he qualifies for the CL every year and we do well. So, fucking no chance of that happening. It's a shit show and if this guy isn't coated in titanium, he should think twice about coming. He will have zero wiggle room. If we wanted him he would, but after this latest fiasco it seems like a punt and we have had literally hundreds of them. Spoiler; none have worked.

To me it's not a matter of how well he does or doesn't do, rather I don't think a top four club in the Prem will take a punt on him. He doesn't have the name, background, or pedigree to land that kind of job IMO, even if he were to be highly successful with you.

Perhaps if he ends up in the PL with a mid to lower tier club and does very well he may be a shot, but it's a long one. Getting it at that level in a competition can usually peg you there. Also have to consider his age - he's 55.

Frankly, the fact he's even come up in discussions and been targeted by your management, despite being the outsider he is, should tell anyone how highly he's rated. There are loads of other managers out there, plenty of PL cast-offs, but tbh having followed his managerial career, I'd take a punt on him over most of them.

To me it's not a matter of how well he does or doesn't do, rather I don't think a top four club in the Prem will take a punt on him. He doesn't have the name, background, or pedigree to land that kind of job IMO, even if he were to be highly successful with you.

Perhaps if he ends up in the PL with a mid to lower tier club and does very well he may be a shot, but it's a long one. Getting it at that level in a competition can usually peg you there. Also have to consider his age - he's 55.

Frankly, the fact he's even come up in discussions and been targeted by your management, despite being the outsider he is, should tell anyone how highly he's rated. There are loads of other managers out there, plenty of PL cast-offs, but tbh having followed his managerial career, I'd take a punt on him over most of them.
I am.well aware he would never be considered by an English club yet. I just hope he can do well enough that maybe a Southampton or some other useless cunts would take a punt. Sad day when a club with a stadium.the size of my sock drawer and a fan base that could inside is a step up because of the league we are in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.