Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get that. If you class yourself as a decent human being, why is it nice to see disrespect? Why is it nice to see scores of kids turning their back, middle finger in the air singing Lizzie's in a box? What's that teaching the next generation?
Nail on the head. People are entitled to their views. They are entitled to hate the Queen if they want but that doesn't mean they should start abusing and mocking people who think differently. What's wrong with keeping your views to yourself. Does that mean atheists should stroll into a church, or mosque, or synagogue and start taunting people. What's wrong with a bit of "live and let live." Perhaps these staged events are more about attention-seeking than making a legitimate protest.

But you then see what disrespect can lead to. And people wonder why this gets passed down from generation to generation in Scotland.

I stay in 1 of the most pro protestant villages in central Scotland. It's difficult,but l I try to teach my boys that there's many views and beliefs, many races and religions, some you won't understand, but to try and be respectful for the views of others as far as possible.

Now, that might make me a bit of a soft ****, but my job is to try and raise well rounded little humans.
Wise words, sadly that's obviously all lost on Stickwell and the other dickheads behind that banner.

One of the least enjoyable games I’ve ever been to, was when we played Celtic at home and they were all over the place with their sectarian shite.
Remember that. Constantly singing songs about killing British soldiers. Yet the only arrest I saw was that of a City fan because he was the one who caused offence by holding up a Rangers shirt. Sick.

So they had the “fuck the crown” banner in Poland.
At St Mirren they had “If you hate the royal family clap your hands” knowing its a minutes applause (as a minutes silence won’t happen)

They can’t give us 120 seconds to pay respect to our fallen soldiers who gave their lives and hate the poppy

People from all football clubs up and down the country would have seen this and the backlash will be immense.

Think about all the friendlies Celtic have around England, they’ll get a well deserved kick up the arse and slap and i hope the honest well behaved Celtic fan doesn’t get caught in the middle.

There will be a lot of blues on here with family or friends who have lost their lives or who are still serving in the forces and have had enough….these celtic supporters, just like their step-brothers in Merseyside, they cry foul when fans retaliate.

They both sing YNWA and its’s never their fault!

The world would be a better place without both of them, 2 cheeks of the same arse!

Last edited:
At St Mirren they had “If you hate the royal family clap your hands” knowing its a minutes applause (as a minutes silence won’t happen)

They can’t give us 120 seconds to pay respect to our fallen soldiers who gave their lives and hate the poppy

People from all football clubs up and down the country would have seen this and the backlash will be immense.

Think about all the friendlies Celtic have around England, they’ll get a well deserved kick up the arse and slap and i hope the honest well behaved Celtic fan doesn’t get caught in the middle.

There will be a lot of blues on here with family or friends who have lost their lives or who are still serving in the forces and have had enough….these celtic supporters, just like their step-brothers in Merseyside, they cry foul when fans retaliate.

The world would be a better place without both of them, 2 cheeks of the same arse!
Sad thing is there will be no backlash.The green brigade have got away with it for years now.
The decent Celtic supporters have no time for them as well.

This is what I don't understand as well. There will be Celtic supporters actually in the forces as we speak, a guy I went to school with is currently in the RAF, and there will be many who have lost their lives over the years as well.

I find it as confusing as Rod Stewart. An Englishman who thinks he's Scottish who supports a football team that wants to be Irish. To make matters worse, he's Sir Rod of course, knighted by the Queen, played at her Diamond Jubilee, and congratulated Boris on his Tory win. Celtic fans weren't happy at that, Green Brigade even had a banner that said Fuck off Rod.

Or how about Trevor Sinclair's tweet about racism the other week. He wants to ask Mark Walters about his welcome to Celtic Park.

I suspect, just like their weird cousins liverpool, its become ‘trendy’ for Celtic fans to be this anti establishment cult

I have a pal who was brought up pretty middle class in a stockport suburb who chose to support liverpool in 1984 despite his dad being a blue.
He buys into booing in the anthem and quotes the ‘managed decline of liverpool in the 80s’ , despite having no geographical or family links to the area and lived in stockport all his life

Same with celtic fans waving irish flags, singing pro IRA songs and singing anti establishment/royal songs despite never even been to ireland

Such situations become a ‘thing’

In a way, you have to probably feel a bit sorry for their need to latch on to something to appear relevant in life

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand as well. There will be Celtic supporters actually in the forces as we speak, a guy I went to school with is currently in the RAF, and there will be many who have lost their lives over the years as well.

I find it as confusing as Rod Stewart. An Englishman who thinks he's Scottish who supports a football team that wants to be Irish. To make matters worse, he's Sir Rod of course, knighted by the Queen, played at her Diamond Jubilee, and congratulated Boris on his Tory win. Celtic fans weren't happy at that, Green Brigade even had a banner that said Fuck off Rod.

Or how about Trevor Sinclair's tweet about racism the other week. He wants to ask Mark Walters about his welcome to Celtic Park.

Why we getting on to Trevor Sinclair and Mark Walters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.