Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
Well here we are again. A new season approaches and this morning I read we signed CCV, who has been brilliant for us. Next Jota and the other additions we will need to move up another wee bit. It’s been a great year, especially after last year and been written off and laughed at, we took it, got up off the canvas and knocked our dear friends on their over confident arse.

When Ange came in nobody really knew who he was, but it is a sign of the country, when all who want us to fail, who didn’t have a clue either, decided that was the tin hat on a period of domination by their team. Journalists, no laughing at the back, had made up their minds, Rangers podcasters celebrated and pissed themselves, Kris Boyd, the low IQ pundit, told Ange to pack his bags and go home. Hugh Keevins used Ange name for what he presumably thought was great writing to pen Absolutely Not Good Enough. Keevins has previous for being a prick by writing off Lubo Moravcik, Lubo Who? Was his welcome to that little genius. He also stated Rangers wouldn’t lose another game before we took them apart at Celtic Park.

Because of the ineptitude of our board we were in an absolute mess. It would take a great manager who didn’t sign useless pricks to get us back in the fight. From the off I could see what he was trying to do, but we didn’t have the players. I knew if he could see a player it would improve. Every one of his signings have been excellent.

We got 9 points in our EL group, it wasn’t enough. Rangers got 8 and went through. Even with the disappointment we played well, things were improving.

Kyogo, Hart,Jota, CCV,Juranivic, O’Reilly, Hatate, Maeda, Gucci, Gio, Abada have all been been brilliant signings and we trust him to find more.
The way he wants and has got us playing is the polar opposite from the season before, where we were utterly and completely fucking woeful. In fact, that description doesn’t even touch the sides of how embarrassing we were.

It wasn’t a shock to me because I knew it was coming, but it was still murder to endure.

We wobbled as he brought players in, we fell a few times, but we got up and started throwing punches and kept it up. The league was won, the most important thing every season. We stopped the given that Rangers would go onto a long period of domination. What a shock for that mob. What a fucking laugh for us. I can see us doing what they already thought was a cert, winning the league for another extended period. I am actually glad they have improved as much as they have, because it means we can’t fuck about, or it will be us who are put on our arse.

Ange knows this and wants to put up a decent show in the CL and that requires more good additions. The board will back him because he has diverted us wanting all of them shot, to looking at the future. They better back him, and even that shower of useless cunts must know that.

So, same again Ange re signings. Same again attitude in games. Same again in how you deal with snidely and raging Rangers fans in the Press, who try to give you shit. You made them look like the pathetic cunts they are and we fucking loved you for it.

Here we go 2 in a row. Bring it fucking on.

Last edited:
Not short of confidence, are you, mate?
Never have been, but never wild unfounded confidence. We have a chance of getting better and under our Aussie manager I absolutely believe we will. There is of course a ceiling on how far that could go due to the league we play in and the ability to compete with getting players to come. We know even if we do improve in Europe that players will come and then move onto more lucrative climes. That’s just the way it is, but we win the league and get into the CL then players will come, do well for us and make us money to repeat this process.

I am looking forward to it all, but old enough to know nothing is guaranteed. Football is like a garden. It can look great, but you sit back and admire too much without improving and it goes to fuck. Our board have always been that way so that fear remains. Nobody can or have fucked us up more than those blazers. I fear them more than I do Rangers. They are always the fly in the jam, the cloud on the horizon.

Ange has revolutionised us. He needs to be left to continue with that and the only input from our board I will tolerate is to back him.

We have an absolute need for another CB, probably two. A LB another striker a winger and a couple of midfielders to replace Rogic snd Bitton. Five quality players and we have a chance of at least getting 3rd in our CL group. I would rip my own arm off for that. Looking forward to the battle. Rangers will tool up too and that’s good for us not getting complacent. We go down that road and they will put us on our arse, we do what we need to do, we keep them on theirs.

I predict a team from Glasgow will win the league. And that there will be some IRA/UVF songs along the way. And that both sides will claim to have ‘done away with all that bigoted, papist/royalist shite’. On verra...

Not sure how relevant being 10 years ago now but Anges second championship year for Brisbane going back to back was probably the highest level the game has been played in this country. The team went undefeated for a record amount over 30 games from memory, but the actual style was unbelievable. No other team came close to them. Some games was like watching a different sport.

If he is given the resources with a full off season I wouldn't be surprised if he turned many heads in CL and reackon it wouldn't be crazy to get into the knock-out stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.