Celtic v City post match

Enjoyable watch. Think it was one of them nights where everything that could've gone right for Celtic did though, offside goal, deflected own goal & mistake from Kolarov gifted them their 3 goals - don't remember Bravo making more than 1 save. On another day we could've had 5 or 6, just didn't quite go in.

Fair play to them, they worked silly hard for that, shame Barca snuck the win, will be incredibly tough to top the group now.

not at all,it was always whoever got the most points in our two games (barca) that would finish top, a win and a draw will do it

We scored three and let in three absolutely lucky goals. First offside, second deflection, third awful from kolorov then a complete miss hit that found the corner. Sometimes luck plays a part and tonight it didn't go our way. Not concerned feel we will comfortably get second in the group like I thought originally.

KDB turns us from a very good team to a great one.

We win if he played tonight, it's that simple.

We also would have won with Kompany & Lescott at cb plus Nigel De Jong in front. With a clean sheet most probably.

We scored 3 goals away from home. That's enough.

Back 4 was dogshit. But it's good to get the Kolarov & Otamendi thing on a realistic base early doors. We can win plenty of games with them, but we would be much better with top class cbs instead. Stones had a cigar on.

We need to be careful now with Kolarov imo & make sure he doesn't revert to type.

Gundogan hasn't fit in well at all, him and Silva in there was a poor balance and it didn't really work from very early on. There wasn't enough legs in there and we didn't have much success in that area for the first 50-55 minutes. Gundogan doesn't seem as quick footed as he did at Dortmund, does he? Is he 100% fit?

I felt it was a strange decision not to start Stones, we definitely needed his composure and quality in the first half. He'd have been much more comfortable playing against Celtic's press, which I didn't think was actually all that great. They worked very very hard, but there was big gaps at times. Liverpool's high press is much better, for example.

Kolarov at CB, Gundogan and Silva both in centre midfield - I'm not sure Guardiola gave Celtic enough respect tonight. Pep's had an incredible start, but there are definitely lessons to be learnt tonight.

Celtic played well but not really sure what our game plan was? only really looked threatening after they scored, no urgency until last few mins. Almost as if they were happy with the draw.

Had we played a little more like the last fifteen for the full ninety then . . . . . . . . .!

The most frustrating match I've watched for a long time! I can't remember giving the ball away so much after we had been presented with it!

That might be the blip, over and done with!!

by the standards we have set this season we were poor tonight and Pep won't be happy. Some terribly sloppy passing aided a well up for it Celtic team who ran their hearts out (though the stats say we rans a bit more than them)

They got a bit of luck with a couple of goals as well but we just were poor and all barring sterling for me didnt play well. I thought Fernandinho had his worst game in a city shirt for as long as i can remember. Bad passing and diving in are not things you normally associate with him. Kolorov at centre half always worries me and though he has considerably improved under pep he was at fault for the third goal tonight with such a basic mistake

However a point away int he champs league is ok....more worried about sunday vs spurs to be honest as if we play like that we will get beat and you can bet spurs will do the sam was celtic did tonight and run themselves into the ground.

We need to get back to our normal level asap

It was Phil Thomson I think on the stream I was watching. They were wetting themselves at the prospect of Celtic beating us. Substitute the rag shit for us and they would have been singing a different tune.
It was an Mcmanaman on BT and he was willing Celtic to win it.

We showed alot of fight to level up the game 3 times! Celtic played well but I think we gave them alot of help....overall I'll take the point but one or two looked off the pace!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.