Cengiz Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont qualify for work permit until he has played a lot more for Turkey. Must go on loan, as per Unal.

It is a bizarre way of making money though,must admit,I mean if they think these youngsters are good enough,then why not secure them for our future,we will surely become hated even more for buying good youngsters from a club and selling them to another,making a fortune.

It's like if this kid deal goes through,why Besiktas can't sell him for top dollar to someone who needs him,and cut the middle man,in this case us,out ? I don't get it me.unless I'm missing the point...................

It's not though all those you named were dirt cheap a couple mill max this guys is rumoured 8m+ that quite 'alot' compared to all the others

I suspect that's just the sign of the new over-inflated market, last years £3million is now 8.

Why? Seems to be a pretty good deal for all involved.
Just dont like the model of us buying a player only to sell him on without 0 intention of him even being tried out for our team. Similar to Chelsea and didn't like them doing it either.

Basaksehir FK has just announced that they have been talking to City executives for 4 hours about cengiz under transfer but not reach an agreement yet.
An other information, former City player Gael Clichy has joined to Basaksehir with free transfer. The deal is for 3 years and each year 3 m euro.

Last edited:
It is a bizarre way of making money though,must admit,I mean if they think these youngsters are good enough,then why not secure them for our future,we will surely become hated even more for buying good youngsters from a club and selling them to another,making a fortune.

It's like if this kid deal goes through,why Besiktas can't sell him for top dollar to someone who needs him,and cut the middle man,in this case us,out ? I don't get it me.unless I'm missing the point...................
The lower the level you play at, the lower the fee, partly because the risk for the buying club is greater (adaptation etc) and partly because the clubs actually need the money more so can't turn down the likes of 8m for a kid.

This way Basaksehir get a guaranteed return which for them is a decent chunk of money, plus a stake in his future and we take on the risk, but with the potential of a greater return.

Of course the risk for us is relatively small because £8m isn't a huge amount of money, but from their point of view, maybe he breaks his leg next season and never recovers, they've missed out on a big pay day, relatively speaking.

On top of that, he'll get much more exposure being a City player, even if he's on loan, than playing in the Turkish league which will increase his price. Then when someone comes to buy him, we're in a strong negotiating position because we don't need the money, we're just trading for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.