Central midfield.....who do we go for?

sam the drummer said:
ctidcarl said:
Micael Essien
Cesc fabregas

Both established in the prem, both world class

Whether they would come is debatable......... but money DOES talk!!
In all fairness....neither would come here!

I agree......... but you'd have them, wouldn't ya!!

I'd buy 3 new midfielders and keep Barry, De jong and M.Johnson... the rest can go (i'm classing Kompany as a centre half here, not a midfielder)

Here are the 3 i'd go for:

Jack Rodwell - going to be a quality player, will be the box-to-box midfielder that we are missing.

Wesley Sneijder - classy player, definately a step up from Ireland.

Sergio Busquets - youth player from Barca, definately going to fill Xavi's boots when he goes... would be worth trying to prize him away now before he signs a contract with a £100mil buy-out clause.

If we got all 3 and then had De Jong and Barry it would allow for a well balanced midfield, with players that can allow us to play any formation and it will look balanced.

(I'm taking into consideration Johnson and his injuries, but he is definately worth keeping)

kaka and palacios

pace, strength, creativity, box to box, i think they'd be a perfect pairing and you could sit de jong in there if you want the makalele sweeper

Why the fuck are names like Cambiasso and other DMs being mentioned when all I hear from you lot is "our entire midfield is just defensive midfielders"?! We do not need another DM, De Jong is the 2nd best DM in the world and Barry will provide great cover for him. We need to sign a deep lying playmaker for sure and he will come in the form of Montolivo, it would also nice to be able to sign a ball carrying box to box CM, Essien would be a delight but De Rossi would be equally as adept, realisticall though it would have been nice to sign Mariga but I'd be willing to take on Inler too.

Our most vital signings will come away from CM though, we need Ribery, we need Maicon and we need Torres. Sign those three and we are a world super power and one of the biggest clubs in the world, destined for success right there and then. It's hugely optimistic but should it happen it would signal the start of something absolutely massive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.