Central midfield.....who do we go for?

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Who's Argentina's centre midfielder?
Argentina's midfield is the main reason Messi is so poor for them. It's poor.

Argentina are quite poor to be honest.

Can't see us getting Sneijder or Alonso, or Gerrard. Hamsik is unlikely to leave Napoli just yet given he's recently decalred that he wants to stay and sign a new contract despite all the interest.

Diego has been quite poor for Juventus and he'd probably be expensive. There are a lot of less obvious but cheaper options available all over the place. Really all we need are 2 or 3 midfielders who are comfortable on the ball. If Mancini is still in charge i expect him to go for a few form and reasonably priced players in Italy such as Foggia, Inler, D'Agostino, Nocerino etc...

Looking at full backs there is a belting one at Lazio called Aleksander Kolarov, but he's a left back. I imagine he'll leave after the World Cup. We desperately need two full backs who are both atheltic and good on the ball.

Yoann Gourcuff. i say this through 3 seasons of watching him, he's very strong, good in the air, dominant, great free kick taker, great shot, quick, barely ever loses the ball, very tricky and just brilliant to watch. one of the best CM's in the world in my opinion.

you guys are obsessed with foreign players, only the very best can adapt to the premiership. I`d go for Scottinio parkereski myself.

ballinio said:
you guys are obsessed with foreign players, only the very best can adapt to the premiership. I`d go for Scottinio parkereski myself.

precisely, and the very best in the premiership are unlikely to want to come to us (e.g. fabregas), plus we would be funding our rivals. IMO the prem is severely lacking in world class central midfield players ATM

ballinio said:

lol... good 1.
& why do some of you think alonso would come back to england so quick? it's not like he isn't well paid in madrid already, he's guaranteed champions league football, don't see why he' leave madrid so soon to be honest. same could be said for sneijder really, just moved to a new club, is clearly enjoying the football there, why would he jump ship so soon?

i'm just saying?
leave the pitchforks & torches...

I reckon juve will keep diego and try to build around him, and chiellini too, unfortunately. de rossi is the one but I doubt we'd get him.

inler is a good shout, as is his team mate behrami, who would be a great utility man. weren't we linked with asamoah (udinese)?

I like moussa sissoko as a realistic target, how about him for the energy, yaya toure as a big lump who can really pass, and moutinho as a versatile playmaker?

not that imaginative I guess...

romaric (sevilla) and melo (juve) are both athletic and good passers.

Micael Essien
Cesc fabregas

Both established in the prem, both world class

Whether they would come is debatable......... but money DOES talk!!

ctidcarl said:
Micael Essien
Cesc fabregas

Both established in the prem, both world class

Whether they would come is debatable......... but money DOES talk!!

you really think fabregas would leave arsenal for city??? lololol.
if he does leave (if) he's going back to spain, not to another team in england.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.