Centre Back Combination

Sad to say its VK that's the problem at the moment, he had another mare tonight and aint looked 100% since the start of the season to be brutally honest, Nastasic has been the better player of the two and far more composed on the ball that lescott ever was so he aint to blame for the jitters that's effecting our defense.

Zab being in for Micah could have a lot to do with it, don't get me wrong on Zab, but for Joe Hart he was my man of the match by a long way, but he does not seem to have the understanding with VK that Micah has, along with providing aerial support on the right hand side at set pieces.

Lets see, we had the best centre back pairing in the country, if not Europe. The star of the two, starts the season badly, looking nervous & out of form. His partner starts the season looking not too bad but not brilliant.

I know: let's drop the bloke who is playing best out of the two & replace him with a 19 year old kid who has never played in the Premier League or for City.

I'm sure that will solve both the problem of our disorganised defence & VK's form straight away. It's totally the most logical & obvious way to solve the problem.

Playing VK & Lescott together for ten games until they got the system working again, would make no sense whatsoever, no, changes is the way to go, lots of them.

Neville Kneville said:
Lets see, we had the best centre back pairing in the country, if not Europe. The star of the two, starts the season badly, looking nervous & out of form. His partner starts the season looking not too bad but not brilliant.

I know: let's drop the bloke who is playing best out of the two & replace him with a 19 year old kid who has never played in the Premier League or for City.

I'm sure that will solve both the problem of our disorganised defence & VK's form straight away. It's totally the most logical & obvious way to solve the problem.

Playing VK & Lescott together for ten games until they got the system working again, would make no sense whatsoever, no, changes is the way to go, lots of them.

Would you have played Lescott against Real Madrid?

blueonblue said:
Sad to say its VK that's the problem at the moment, he had another mare tonight and aint looked 100% since the start of the season to be brutally honest, Nastasic has been the better player of the two and far more composed on the ball that lescott ever was so he aint to blame for the jitters that's effecting our defense.

Zab being in for Micah could have a lot to do with it, don't get me wrong on Zab, but for Joe Hart he was my man of the match by a long way, but he does not seem to have the understanding with VK that Micah has, along with providing aerial support on the right hand side at set pieces.

Seriously!!! Zab was our 2nd best man on the night. He was everywhere up and down the right wing and made at least 2 crucial tackles in our box that I remember. In fact he's been brilliant all season for me.
Unless Mancini is going to play Micah in Vinnies position(very unlikely) he'll come back to the bench.

I thought Nastasic did well, perhaps lacking a physical presence that Lescott brings at the moment. Also think Kompany's bad form is the constant changing of partner and system.

IBlue said:
I thought Nastasic did well, perhaps lacking a physical presence that Lescott brings at the moment. Also think Kompany's bad form is the constant changing of partner and system.

I disagree.. No matter who he has played with he hasnt performed.

It says a lot when a 19 yr old inexperienced outshines our captain. He is out of form and should be benched! Sort of like Aguero.

And those who keep on referring to last season, needs to wake up! Last season is gone.. the midfield we had is also different now.

One of the reasons our defence was so good previous season was due to the protection they got from the midfield. We were deemed as too defensive and Bobby was deemed as clueless and a defensive coach.. Funny how ppl are calling for that now..

I think our problem is a mix of many factors which are interrelated.

Players affect tactics and tactics affects performances which in turn affects attitudes. Also I think Bobby overrates us.. He's to adventurous.

I think if Bobby had gotten his first choice players then the 352 would have worked!

However since he got his 10th choice.. He needs to readjust.. though it must be annoying when you have spent a whole preseason trying to perfect a tactic and u end up with players that dont fit into it the last day of the transfer window..

But in Bobby I trust.. He will sort us out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.