Centre Back Combination

Luke_mcfc said:
We are missing Nigel De Jong massively.
Couldnt agree more,when we were pressed last year on came Nige and took some of the pressure off .Now we have no Nige or anyone who can do the job.Looks like a hard slog at least until January when we could buy him back

People need to realise it was the midfield which was the problem last night nothing to do with Lescott not starting

Carl_Man_City said:
People need to realise it was the midfield which was the problem last night nothing to do with Lescott not starting

To be fair mate, I don't think there's anyone on the thread saying that Nastasic playing/Lescott not playing was a major problem last night, or that it would necessarily have made a big difference if it were the other way around. Just discussing what, in general terms, our best partnership is.

The smallest of our problems IMO. Nasti has showed he is ready to play for the english champions. Mancini's best signing of the summer IMO. Now we have 3 good defenders up for it. Kompany, Nasti and Lescott. Last season we only had 2 and somehow pulled through. But Kompany needs to find his form fast.

Lord BLue said:
chorltonblue said:
Although Nastasic does look decent, especially at 19. I personally think Kompany and Lescott provided a great defensive partnership last season and Mancini (even if Lescott isn't great) should stick with these two!
We, after all, did have the best defence in the league last year - or was this down to Barrymore?

Thoughts?

Was that Michael Barrymore, i thought he went largely unnoticed

We miss him.....no one is checking if we are "Awight at the back!!!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.