centre back for 2nd leg at camp nou

I think lescott should get a shout, he did play well against Chelsea. We need to go and challenge for every ball and push barca hard and put them under lots of pressure,why is it we always make it hard for ourselves .we played better with 10 men than we did with 11. I expected a massive game from toure last night hopefully he can give us some of those lung busting runs of his at camp nou BARCA 1-3 CITY aguero 2 and one for the beast

dannyburns4 said:
I think lescott should get a shout, he did play well against Chelsea. We need to go and challenge for every ball and push barca hard and put them under lots of pressure,why is it we always make it hard for ourselves .we played better with 10 men than we did with 11. I expected a massive game from toure last night hopefully he can give us some of those lung busting runs of his at camp nou BARCA 1-3 CITY aguero 2 and one for the beast
Lescott is just far too uncomfortable on the ball for a game like this. We saw enough evidence of that last night. Barcelona press so far up the pitch and he just shits himself when he's under pressure. It's not his fault, but this level of football is well beyond him. Sadly that's the case for all of Vinny's potential partners at the moment.

01MANC said:
Considering the way Barcelona play, It might be worth having Milner at the back rather than either of nasty, lescott or Richards. It's not like they pepper you with crosses or make defenders defend the way they normally would. Similar I guess to them playing with mascherano. Or maybe I've just had too much wine?
You've had too much wine, Milner at centre half would be a disaster.
Lescott for me unless Nasty gets a few games on the trot between now and the 2nd leg under his belt.

Last night just highlighted the problem that everyone and his dog knows about anyway. DeMechelis.
Its almost funny how inept he is, yet Pelligrini keeps playing him as first choice in the big games??
It appears that Pelligrini is blinkered by past opinion and loyalty to this player and is ignoring what is plainly under his nose.
This player would not make it into any side in the top ten of the prem league, even that disaster of a defence at united.
Lescott is a far better defender and that is the first job. No good being a good distributor of the ball if you give away goals and chances all the time. Furthermore, Demichelis' distribution is just as lacking as Lescotts, fact.
Its just another example of dodgy team selection by Pelligrini. He makes mistakes frequently with the starting line up and it has cost us dear on several occasions this year (especially Chelsea at home).
Fortunately he can get away with it most of the time as class usually tells in the end.
By the way, Negredo was'nt great last night and has'nt been for weeks. Whats all this flicky stuff about?
Dzecko,simply not good enough period.
Need a miracle now in the second leg.

we havent got 2 top class centre backs , so would 3-5-2 be a solution ? HART - ZABS , KOMPS , CLICHY - NAVAS , YAYA , DINHO , SILVA , MILNER - AGUERO , NEGREDO , 2 hard working wing backs to tuck in when we havent got possession , got to be worth a try , maybe rotate negredo and nasri , and play 3-5-1-1 for difficult away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.