Centre back options

Tin hat out, I can’t see what the fuss is with VVD. Massively overpriced and overrated. Luiz on short term might be ok. Ideally Hernandez, but can’t see that til summer.

Lets give Spuds another fucking and take their best defender,Alderweireld.He's top class,will cost less than the likes of VVD and i reckon he'd jump at the opportunity to play alongside Kev and under Pep.

They'll somehow manage to find even more hate for us :-)
Didn't he have a major hamstring tear requiring surgery? I'd rather see how he recovers from that first, supposed to have a low buyout from the summer onwards as well.

Didn't he have a major hamstring tear requiring surgery? I'd rather see how he recovers from that first, supposed to have a low buyout from the summer onwards as well.
I'm not sure what his injury is,but i guess it makes sense given the extent of the recovery period.As you say,probably wise to be cautious then.

Tin hat out, I can’t see what the fuss is with VVD. Massively overpriced and overrated. Luiz on short term might be ok. Ideally Hernandez, but can’t see that til summer.

I'd love to see Luiz on a short term loan. Would provide cover at centre half and for Fernandinho.

I thought Evans at the time would have been a good squad addition, however I think the continuing injuries to Kompany has changed everything and now a top class addition has to be added.

I still think with VVD we won't go over £50m. If Southampton start quoting £60m-£70m again I will be astonished if we pay that.

The problem is Liverpool. I think had they not tapped him up in the way they did they would have paid that fee upwards of £70m for him.

If they were willing to do that they will try again.

Lets give Spuds another fucking and take their best defender,Alderweireld.He's top class,will cost less than the likes of VVD and i reckon he'd jump at the opportunity to play alongside Kev and under Pep.

is the correct answer
Mangala gives me the jitters but stood up to challenge so far and good for him but long term not the answer and next real big challenge stones should be back

Isn't he out for several months, so that he will not be of any help from January? I think we need somebody in January who can fit in straight away. Perhaps get Alderweireld in summer, when he hopefully recovered. I think we need 2 new CB's anyway as replacements for Mangala and Kompany (sob).

Thinking about this a bit. Do we need to replace Mangala, he is our 4 th choice CB and a better 4th choice I don’t think is out there. We need a world class replacement for Vinny sadly. Or as a stop gap if the Right player is not available in the winter window, an older very able CB who will be happy to do a job for the rest of this season. I said before would be happy with sideshow Bob from chavs on loan til end of season. He could be cover for Fernandinho as well??

Isn't he out for several months, so that he will not be of any help from January? I think we need somebody in January who can fit in straight away. Perhaps get Alderweireld in summer, when he hopefully recovered. I think we need 2 new CB's anyway as replacements for Mangala and Kompany (sob).
Yep,Aguero 9320 made the same point.Looks like hes scheduled for a February return,which,coupled with the nature of the injury and the potential for a recurrence,its probably best we focus elsewhere.

Thinking about this a bit. Do we need to replace Mangala, he is our 4 th choice CB and a better 4th choice I don’t think is out there. We need a world class replacement for Vinny sadly. Or as a stop gap if the Right player is not available in the winter window, an older very able CB who will be happy to do a job for the rest of this season. I said before would be happy with sideshow Bob from chavs on loan til end of season. He could be cover for Fernandinho as well??
I agree,we need a player who will be considered first pick,not 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.