Centre back options

Thinking about this a bit. Do we need to replace Mangala, he is our 4 th choice CB and a better 4th choice I don’t think is out there. We need a world class replacement for Vinny sadly. Or as a stop gap if the Right player is not available in the winter window, an older very able CB who will be happy to do a job for the rest of this season. I said before would be happy with sideshow Bob from chavs on loan til end of season. He could be cover for Fernandinho as well??
Who on earth is sideshow Bob?

How would people feel about david luiz? Frozen out at chelsea currently but was fantastic playing in.a back 3 last year... brilliant passer of the ball and i feel would be brilliant under pep.. also has plenty of prem n champs league experience and would be available much cheaper than other options?

It all depends on whether Conte is still manager after the season. Also, I'll bit worried if he'll fit in chemistry-wise.

Lets give Spuds another fucking and take their best defender,Alderweireld.He's top class,will cost less than the likes of VVD and i reckon he'd jump at the opportunity to play alongside Kev and under Pep.

They'll somehow manage to find even more hate for us :-)

One of the best but at 28 and with the injury history, it would be too much a gamble.

Toby (can't be arsed trying to spell his last name) would be the one for me but not until his release clause kicks in next summer.
As far as Koscielny is concerned, he's one of the worst defenders in the league IMO.

Luiz and Aguero do not seem to get on but they could just be on the pitch and actually off it they may have no issue.

For me he is a Pep defender and one who could fit in with what we require from CB and would be great at defending set pieces.

At the right price I would be on it, also Roman seems happy to sell to rivals, United, Arsenal etc.

Pep will be aware of his attributes and that he is out of favour, so see if he agrees.

Toby (can't be arsed trying to spell his last name) would be the one for me but not until his release clause kicks in next summer.
As far as Koscielny is concerned, he's one of the worst defenders in the league IMO.

Always wonder about Toby and why we never signed him. Kompanys partner for Belgium, I do wonder if Vinny rated him and pushed for us to sign him.

I know we may have tried and we never know, but would have thought if we had there would have been some speculation and chances are both times we would seem to be the most attractive destination.

I know he's an ugly thick fuck but anyone else think Maguire is good enough to play for us?
No chance, he can rampage forwards but in terms of keeping possession and quickly moving it on he's nowhere near good enough. Also really struggles if he gets isolated, which our defenders have to deal with a lot. He was Sheffield United when David Weir came in and tried to get them to pass it out from the back all the time and he went from being the best CB in League 1 to an absolute trainwreck, gifting goals almost every week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.