Centre back options

Yep, which is why I feel he'd be great here as we need at least one CB who's suited to the PL. Kompany is that of course but with his injury record, he can't be trusted. Tah would snuff out any big striker who would normally sneak in by muscling out our other 3 CB options.

Agree.

I was very impressed with Harry Maguire against Chelsea today and it was good to see him getting credit on Match of the Day. I've seen him play a few times on visits to Bramall Lane when he was a product of their youth system (lived and worked in Sheffield). He has had to be patient as the Elephant Man thought the bang average James Chester and others were better than him. Maguire was excellent at Chewwsey today - very good on the ball, above average passer for a centre half, strong in the air, good on the ground, reads it well, positional play good too. I've always rated him myself. Worth a look City, would not cost a ridiculous amount.

I was very impressed with Harry Maguire against Chelsea today and it was good to see him getting credit on Match of the Day. I've seen him play a few times on visits to Bramall Lane when he was a product of their youth system (lived and worked in Sheffield). He has had to be patient as the Elephant Man thought the bang average James Chester and others were better than him. Maguire was excellent at Chewwsey today - very good on the ball, above average passer for a centre half, strong in the air, good on the ground, reads it well, positional play good too. I've always rated him myself. Worth a look City, would not cost a ridiculous amount.

Agree with this - not a fashionable player by any stretch but looks like the player we thought we were getting n Otamendi. I think we should be watching him and if (when) Hull go down we should be first in the que. The difficulty is that he is playing in a bottom 3 team so you have to scout him with that in mind, look at his qualities ignoring the mess around. He is English so that makes it an easy option.

I cant believe we started the season with effectively only 2 centre backs
(I love Vinny, but not sure if he can stay fit anymore)

If we had a third centre back Pep wouldn't play Kolarov there
He has no pace and can't defend, but great as an attacking full back

I would like us to buy an experienced centre back, to guarantee we finish in top 4
And maybe have a chance in Champions League

I cant believe we started the season with effectively only 2 centre backs
(I love Vinny, but not sure if he can stay fit anymore)

If we had a third centre back Pep wouldn't play Kolarov there
He has no pace and can't defend, but great as an attacking full back

I would like us to buy an experienced centre back, to guarantee we finish in top 4
And maybe have a chance in Champions League
Great as an attacking full back? He's awful as a full back because he is so slow and ponderous. In CB he is ok. But I agree that we need an experienced centre back. Two if we are brave enough to face the fact that Stones is not ready and/or not good enough.

Think kolarov is better at CB then left back and if he stays next season think he will get more game time at CB. Think we need a RB, CB, lb and gk in the summer so could be a busy few month. The problem is getting good defenders especially full backs is a nitemare prices have gone crazy. Think tosin could be the answer getting him to sign a new deal as 5th choice CB and give him games he has everything in his locker to be a top CB just needs a chance.

Tosin is the 5th choice centre back now and has hardly had a chance, and that's with Kompany being injured all season and the form of the other 3 iffy to say the least. There's no way he'll sign a new deal to be 5th choice.

Tosin is the 5th choice centre back now and has hardly had a chance, and that's with Kompany being injured all season and the form of the other 3 iffy to say the least. There's no way he'll sign a new deal to be 5th choice.
He is one of those you have to sell with a buy back clause. Coz hell not be good enough if he doesn't get playing time. But he won't get playing time until he is good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.