Centre back options

Completely agree.

I would also add that the stats mislead because the other teams (Chelsea especially) are designed to be much more conservative teams than us. It is clear that Pep wants to defend by having the ball and scoring goals. We have to score a to of goals to win, so that games such as Everton, Southampton, West From and even Chelsea are comfortably won before they have a chance of scoring.

I think our big question is who is good for 20 goals a season? We don't have enough players likely to get near there.
Based on the second half of the season, I think Sane's potentially a 1 in 2 player as is Jesus. Obviously it's quite hard to predict with Sane, but based on how cool his finishing is, I can see him massively increasing his haul this season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see somewhere in the teens in the league rising to around 20 in all competitions. Jesus will have to contend with being a marked man next season, but I think he's got the talent to cope, and he's basically contributed to over a goal a game so far. De Bruyne was also massively unlucky last season with hitting the woodwork, and I can see him contributing a decent number from midfield (you'd hope for double figures from him). But yeah, Sanchez's 24 goals and 10 assists in the league alone is hard to ignore.

We want to be a world class side. Real Madrid and Barca don't rely on two young, not finished products for the level of their clubs to be awarded 2 of their front 3 attacking players.

They have Neymar, Messi and Suarez or Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.
Although it's worth mentioning that Neymar, Benzema and Messi were all regular fixtures in these teams before they were finished products, and even Bale and Ronaldo were bought when they were fairly young.

good point and who else apart from the spanish trust him at CB? just how well did he play at CB for liverpool
I was just commenting in response to a comment that Pep wouldn't play a short CB (although I am not 100% certain Pep played him there but think he did?)

Cannavaro was only 5'9 so it's not necessarily the end of the world. But I think it is probably more of an issue in the Premier League, and especially given the lack of height in the rest of the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.