Centre back options

Nicklas Sule.

Is that just a guess or have you heard something Ric?

Süle and Jonathan Tah are two I've been wondering about because they're very promising, bloody massive (Pep seems to be concerned about size recently), and Pep would have seen them in Germany.

I got the impression that Pep was pressured into agreeing to buy Zlatan by the board who wanted a big money signing, presumably for shirt sales and other PR stuff. It was a big mistake though I agree.

Don't think so, I think he wanted a plan B. He knew the 08/09 team needed a plan B to go to and in his coaching infancy he went for a world class big striker.

The reason it failed was because he turned Messi into a false 9. Ibrahimovic was actually pretty good apart from one poor spell when he looked like an outsider, but no one could compete with Messi once he moved to the middle.

He's huge,a tank,the press have been reporting Chelsea are all over him at around 30m.

He was really good in the olympics, and he's comically large. Looks like a second row wandered into a football match. Google says says he's 6ft5 which I reckon is an underestimate, but he must be 16 stone as well, he's no bean pole like Tosin.

He's been starting for Hoffenheim since 17 too.

Would rather he didn't go to Chelsea.

On BT Sport Europe now v Dortmund,not seen him before.Only just started watching,talks a lot which is good

As you watch it, remember we very nearly signed Ousmane Dembele for £1.5m in 2015.

The one that got away no doubt about it.

He was really good in the olympics, and he's comically large. Looks like a second row wandered into a football match. Google says says he's 6ft5 which I reckon is an underestimate, but he must be 16 stone as well, he's no bean pole like Tosin.

He's been starting for Hoffenheim since 17 too.

Would rather he didn't go to Chelsea.
Agreed.

We are in desperate need of more physical presence,so in that respect he's a no brainer,but does his size hinder his footballing ability?
Is he more Robert Huth?

Agreed.

We are in desperate need of more physical presence,so in that respect he's a no brainer,but does his size hinder his footballing ability?
Is he more Robert Huth?

From what I've seen he's very comfortable and good the ball, but what I haven't seen is if his size makes him vulnerable to small agile players on weaving runs, the way Mangala is.

I think Jonathan Tah is even more highly rated in Germany, and he's a year younger but already leapfrogged Süle into the German senior team. He's 6'4 and still a unit, but seems more graceful in the way he moves.

The thing with both of these two is we'd probably get both for the price of VVD, and assuming we are even looking for a new CB, it's going to be a choice between potential or immediate impact again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.