Centre back options

Just sign Van Dijk and Tah in January.

Completely sorts out an area which is absolutely vital, but has been a weakness for about 5 years now.

Just read that, according to Football Leaks, Toby Alderweireld has a release clause of £30m. We should be all over that if true.

Just read that, according to Football Leaks, Toby Alderweireld has a release clause of £30m. We should be all over that if true.

If Van Dijk and Alderweireld both move for £25m/£30m respectively and we don't go after one of them while Otamendi and Kolarov see out the season at CB I will despair.

If Van Dijk and Alderweireld both move for £25m/£30m respectively and we don't go after one of them while Otamendi and Kolarov see out the season at CB I will despair.

Van Dijk doesn't have a release clause except in the imagination of the Mirror's hacks. Alderweireld probably does but it will have strings attached to trigger it otherwise he would have been gone in the summer, failure by Spurs to reach the champions league I would expect.

The option of getting Alderweireld is for the January ? Do you thing that it is a right move, considering that he won't play in Champions League Games

Think we should be looking at centre halves who play in a team with little midfield protection and excel in one on one defending. A lot of the goals we ship are when we're hit on the counter and the ball bypasses our midfielders. We were probably at our best defensively under Mancini when we had De Jong and Barry sweeping up in front of Komps, even Nastasic looked good at times in that system. But obviously two holding midfielders are out of the question under Pep's system and we should look for defenders who can hold their own when exposed and still be able to play the ball out under pressure, someone with a bit of steel to compliment Stones' velvet. Van Dijk has Oriol Romeu in front of him and Jose Fonte next to him, though I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd do with us. I wouldn't want to see us sign Lindelof but I'm only basing that on how our other centre backs from the Portuguese league performed. Laporte would've been a good option but he chose to stay at Bilbao and he's clearly comfortable there. I'd also hazard a guess at Bonucci seeing his career out at Juve. Alderweireld? Levy would rip the piss out of us if that rumoured buy-out clause turns out to be fake. That doesn't leave a lot of other ball playing centre halves and I don't really have a clue who else is realistically obtainable. Hopefully the people at the club, who know a lot more than me, have sounded out a few potential targets and we manage to get someone who ticks all the boxes.

cant the squad be adjusted for the next phase?
A player can play in the other European competition, but would be cup tied for the same competition. So he could play for another club in the Europa, but not champions league. I think. But yes changes can be made to the squad so Jesus and Toure could be added as could Van Dijk as he played Europa for Southampton, not sure if there is a limit to how many changes.

It's being claimed by the Mirror that he'll sign a new deal:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-star-toby-alderweireld-set-9400604

And Tottenham are also apparently denying any of their players have: release clauses

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...s-have-release-clauses-in-their-a3413171.html

I don't think they give a source so make of that what you will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.