Centre-back

Chielinni (still!)

Sorry but he's ideal (fast, intelligent, tough tackling and experienced) and a big bid would get him I think. Might even take Garcia as part payment as the Italian League may suit him better.

if u are definite on them giving us 100% on the back i guess we'll see to it this season.

We need a quality CL experienced centre half with at least 2/3 seasons left in him that can lead a defence. If anyone can name me a better choice than Pepe I'm all ears but as I said in the Pepe thread, our backup ain't gonna be Thiago Silva, and if we don't get him I'm 99% sure you'll all be pissed at the alternatives.

adrianr said:
We need a quality CL experienced centre half with at least 2/3 seasons left in him that can lead a defence. If anyone can name me a better choice than Pepe I'm all ears but as I said in the Pepe thread, our backup ain't gonna be Thiago Silva, and if we don't get him I'm 99% sure you'll all be pissed at the alternatives.
Spot on. Every time bunny is out we fall apart. Get Pepe.

ell said:
Would like another in the mould of Nasti. Young and can be an understudy to Kompany whilst on lowish wages (In comparison to Kolo anyway)

I dont like Richards at centre half its a waste of his best qualities

It also emphasises his worst qualities.

Cobwebcat said:
Chielinni (still!)

Sorry but he's ideal (fast, intelligent, tough tackling and experienced) and a big bid would get him I think. Might even take Garcia as part payment as the Italian League may suit him better.

He'd want regular first team football and even if he didn't he'd be back up for the left side of defence, we only need cover for Kompany, provided Lescott stays.

totallywired said:
adrianr said:

I agree. At first I was against it because I think the guy's a thug but came round to thinking that most of the top teams have horrible players who aren't afraid to do the dirty work so why shouldn't we, maybe it's what we're missing. However, would he be happy to be Kompany's back-up? I can think the only reason he'd want to leave Madrid would be lack of guaranteed playing time.

kenzie115 said:
ell said:
Would like another in the mould of Nasti. Young and can be an understudy to Kompany whilst on lowish wages (In comparison to Kolo anyway)

I dont like Richards at centre half its a waste of his best qualities

It also emphasises his worst qualities.

Cobwebcat said:
Chielinni (still!)

He'd want regular first team football and even if he didn't he'd be back up for the left side of defence, we only need cover for Kompany, provided Lescott stays.

totallywired said:
adrianr said:

I agree. At first I was against it because I think the guy's a thug but came round to thinking that most of the top teams have horrible players who aren't afraid to do the dirty work so why shouldn't we, maybe it's what we're missing. However, would he be happy to be Kompany's back-up? I can think the only reason he'd want to leave Madrid would be lack of guaranteed playing time.

Id play Komps with Chiellini with Lescott and Nastasic as back up

The club seems to want someone who won't fall apart when the pressure is on in Europe like Kompany and others have. Pepe is probably the best shout, but there are other candidates out there. Alex (ex-Chelsea), who is 31 now, was excellent for PSG in the Champions League last season and might be available cheap since they signed Marquinhos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.