Centre-back

Cobwebcat said:
Chielinni (still!)

Sorry but he's ideal (fast, intelligent, tough tackling and experienced) and a big bid would get him I think. Might even take Garcia as part payment as the Italian League may suit him better.

There is no way Juventus would sell Chiellini.

In Italy there is Ranocchia from Inter, he would be quite a good back up.

Lancet Fluke said:
Cobwebcat said:
Chielinni (still!)

Sorry but he's ideal (fast, intelligent, tough tackling and experienced) and a big bid would get him I think. Might even take Garcia as part payment as the Italian League may suit him better.

Chiellini confuses me as a player. So many people talk about him as if he is the best defender in the world yet most of the games I have seen him play he has been so bad it defies belief. He looks an utter liability. I realise I must be wrong though because he is just so highly rated.

I don't think he works for us either. Playing well in Seria A isn't the same as PL. Not because the talent level is that different but the tempo is. The games are much slower there. It's not up and down like it is here. They play a very defensive style, where they get a lot of cover from the midfield. Last year our CB's were left on an island witht he FB's boming forward & Yaya disinterested in defense. He would be exposed in transition in the same way we were last year.

Hihosilva said:
Judging on the two matches so far it appears that Pellegrini is not too keen on Lescott. Garcia has played CB with Lescott playing left full back. Lescott's days could be numbered. Saying that I would keep him.

*sigh*

When a manager is trying to make 10+ substitutions during the match and your starting left back is out....

First choice - Thiago silva
Second choice - Hummuls
Third choice - sobitic
Fourth choice - mangala
Fifth choice - rami
Sixth choice - Sakho
Seventh - Garay
Eight choice - Godin
9th - dragovic
10th - Fernandez

When the window opened I thought a centre half was the position most need of a player. I still do.

If Kompany gets injured again I don't fancy our chances.

I hope we are still looking.

Daz_Blue said:
Further business I would like to see happen .....

Kolorov, Sinclair, Garcia, sold
New Center half, left back, Kondogbia purchased .....

I'm in a minority I know but I dont mind Kolarov.

Garcia and Sinclair out, as we have little need for them, and a just a centre half in for me.

2 out 1 in. Plenty of time yet.

Daz_Blue said:
Further business I would like to see happen .....

Kolorov, Sinclair, Garcia, sold
New Center half, left back, Kondogbia purchased .....
If we do sign more than just a centre back, I reckon we need a left winger.
Out and out left winger with pace: Tello, Bruma, Gaitan
Experienced centre-back: Pepe, Chiellini, Rami, Alex, Godin
Competition for Clichy at left back: Coentrao, Baines, Nagatomo

Garcia, Kolarov, Sinclair out
Rami, Coentrao and Tello in

I think we need players to go or at least have the real prospect of leaving us before we can do any real business.

At centre half it really boils down to having a player either wanting to be back up to the City captain or one that will put his position under threat. It does mean that Garcia or Barry would have to make way it can't be a defender for a defender IMO. So who has been linked with either player no one really which means that Milner can't really switch into that defensive midfield role and therefore is shown as the alternative for Navas. The left back situation is covered although not ideally, if Kolorov leaves we still have the problem of re signing a left back and again I haven't seen that many links specific to that area.

Only one who seems on his way out is Sinclair but with him going doesn't free up another space in the squad (that old argument).

If everything panned out as some are suggesting and only speculating

............................Hart/Pants

Zab/Richards......Pepe/Kompany.......Lescott/Nasty........Clichy/Coentrau

Navas/Salivo......Rodwell/Milner..........Yaya/Fernandhino.....Nasri/Silva

.....................Dzeko/Negredo..........Aguero/Jovetic

That would represent an excellent transfer window and certainly give us quality and strength in depth but it would mean

Sinclair
Barry
Garcia
Kolorov

would all have to leave not sure whether that is realistic given the time left and the number of offers we have received for the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.