Centre-back

Had a notification pop on my phone earlier today... Said Micah Richards, Edin dzeko and four others followed David luiz on twitter... Not sure if this means anything but...

Lovren would be an excellent acquisition at a decent price if we lose out on our two main targets .A comfortable,commanding and technically gifted player with proven prem ability.
Not yet 25,he's only going to improve......we could do much worse.

FantasyIreland said:
Lovren would be an excellent acquisition at a decent price if we lose out on our two main targets .A comfortable,commanding and technically gifted player with proven prem ability.

He's is that good we could struggle to find better. Why we become obsessed in sourcing untested ( in the Premier League ) defenders from abroad, when we have proven players like Lovren for the picking seems bizarre!

MaineRoadBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

He's is that good we could struggle to find better. Why we become obsessed in sourcing untested ( in the Premier League ) defenders from abroad, when we have proven players like Lovren for the picking seems bizarre!

Where are Nasti and Rekik going to figure? We have two of the best young CBs in world football one in their teens and the other just turned 21 , I think we really need to make a big effort in bringing them on - we're too quick to look over the fence and think the grass is greener .... Mangala is a physical beast, whether he could make the step up to the PL and play for one of the top teams in Europe remains to be seen. Nasti showed in his first season with us that he could cope at the top level at a very young age and showed great maturity and quality.... Alright last season was a bugger for him with injuries and him not adjusting quickly to the high pressing game but I have no reason to believe given a regular run in the team that he won't settle in again and show his quality ...

It does not really make sense to take a punt on Managala when we have Rekik and Nasti in the wings .... Would make a lot more sense to get a CB with top-class experience who will hit the ground running and pave the way for our two young CBs ....

nasti lacks air power positioning and pace two things that wont improve. pace is something we need if this manager continues his high back line. rekki is a fantastic prospect but is not ready for the prem let alone our first team another loan preferably scotland to beef up. he is around six years away from hitting his peak as for mangela he plays in the fastest trickiest league in the world and a good way to judge the difference is how much they would cost as their ages are similar.i also believe nasti has already asked for a move as he has had a taste of first team football and doesnt want the bench

salfordbluetrue said:
nasti lacks air power positioning and pace two things that wont improve. pace is something we need if this manager continues his high back line. rekki is a fantastic prospect but is not ready for the prem let alone our first team another loan preferably scotland to beef up. he is around six years away from hitting his peak as for mangela he plays in the fastest trickiest league in the world and a good way to judge the difference is how much they would cost as their ages are similar.i also believe nasti has already asked for a move as he has had a taste of first team football and doesnt want the bench

We won't be loaning any of our top tier young talent to Scotland, I am afraid. Nor should we. No Scottish clubs, not even Celtic, play in a system or at a level near ours and only Celtic would provide actual European experience. Spain, Italy, or Germany for me (preferably Germany) but we shall see if a loan outside of Holland is even in the cards.

Bpughh said:
Had a notification pop on my phone earlier today... Said Micah Richards, Edin dzeko and four others followed David luiz on twitter... Not sure if this means anything but...

so he has 6 followers on twitter? phil fucking jones has got more than that

Really liked what I saw of miranda the other night 30 this year reckon ee could get 3/4seasons out of him by which time rekik and nasty will be ready also we would have 3 fantastic experienced center halfs for rekik and nasty to learn off?

uwe rosler 28 said:
Really liked what I saw of miranda the other night 30 this year reckon ee could get 3/4seasons out of him by which time rekik and nasty will be ready also we would have 3 fantastic experienced center halfs for rekik and nasty to learn off?

If we were going for an Atletico central defender, it'd have to be Godin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.