Centre-back

Sleeping_Easy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
dctid said:
We need a centre back that can play whatever style MP wants - if he wantrs to play a high line then he needs to get a CB who has the ability to make good defensive recovery runs for the ball over the top

It fe wants to play a much deeper defensive line then there are probably more options availble

For me i would spend bif on a centre half and after what we have seen i doint think MP has little option - a half arsed squad CB wont cut it - if Cardiff can exploit our weaknesses then Rag, Chelski and others will have a field day

I totally agree, looking at the type of defender we are likely to need, we will probably have to spend quite a lot and get a defender to go straight in there as first choice alongside VK. Will obviously mean Nastasic having to accept less games when everyone is fit but that's the way it goes. If we do go out and get in a defender to occupy 3rd/4th choice role then I don't see how we are going to overcome the two glaring issues which are that as soon as Kompany is out we have a terrible lack of leadership and pace at the back.

Who is available that fits that bill?
We need someone who wins everything in the air but things will improve once players get to grip with new system.

George Hannah said:
If an elderly Argie is our only signing it is clear Senor Manuel has confidence he will solve our long standing defensive weaknesses.

If peller thought this guy was up to it then why didn't he get him when available on a free instead of wasting weeks on Pepe.

Sorry but i see this as a panic buy - I don't see Komps going a season without more injuries / suspensions - we needed one top quality CB and thats before the current so called crisis

Just chucking it out there...and may have already been mentioned, apologies if so.

It looks like David Luiz isn't a favourite with Jose, why not chuck in a bid for him?

Luiz and Vinny at the back would be solid.

bigdavecox90 said:
Just chucking it out there...and may have already been mentioned, apologies if so.

It looks like David Luiz isn't a favourite with Jose, why not chuck in a bid for him?

With luiz you could find our defence is still as solid as a turd after a good ruby. Saying that cant be any worse than it was Sunday.

dannyboiblue said:
bigdavecox90 said:

With luiz you could find our defence is still as solid as a turd after a good ruby. Saying that cant be any worse than it was Sunday.

Luiz was a bit of a liability when first signed but would be an excellent partner to Komps or nastasic

dannyboiblue said:
bigdavecox90 said:

Worth a try as he's probably available.

YungJoshiiMcFc said:
How about Ivanovic? Always rated him. I think he's being used as a RBI at Chelsea at the moment but I'm sure I've seen him play CB

he'd see red in every game for us, as he should for chelsea

here's LC's favourite source again!

Man City 'ready to pay £38.5m Mangala clause'

Manchester City are reportedly preparing a bid for FC Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala
FC Porto defender and City target Eliaquim Mangala (R) (Action Images)
by Patrick Jennings29th August 2013 8:13am BST

Manchester City are preparing a £38.5 million offer for FC Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala.
According to reports on Thursday, City are ready to meet the buy-out clause of Mangala's contract with Porto.
Following injury to the first-choice centre-back pairing of Vincent Kompany and Matija Nastasic, the Manchester side have resolved to strengthen their defence.
Javi Garcia, ordinarily deployed as a defensive midfielder, featured alongside Joleon Lescott at the back against promoted Cardiff City on Sunday, but the Portuguese was unconvincing.
Mangala, 22, arrived in Porto for a fee of £5m from Belgian side Standard Liege in 2011 and the player has since gone on to pick up three caps for France.
There are still likely to be complications surrounding any deal with City however.
In what is a World Cup year, Mangala is understood to be concerned about making any move that could see his playing time diminished – especially when Kompany and Nastasic both return from injury.
Manager Manuel Pellegrini has also been linked with a move for his former charge at Malaga, defender Martin Demichelis.
The Argentine is understood to be available for a fee of £3.5m and, at 32, would perhaps better suit the back-up role that is seemingly required at the Etihad Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.