Centre-back

Tron Coltrane said:
pudge & rodge said:
Llandegren said:
I prefer rekik to nasty and think we should include him, if needed, in à Roma-deal.
You'd like us to get rid of Nastasic?

League-tested and our best defender two seasons ago at the tender age of 19, why would we want to keep him?

So nasty was our best defender two seasons ago? Are you supporting another team? As i Said these are My personal thoughts and i like rekiks style more not saying he is better

Llandegren said:
Tron Coltrane said:
pudge & rodge said:

League-tested and our best defender two seasons ago at the tender age of 19, why would we want to keep him?

So nasty was our best defender two seasons ago? Are you supporting another team? As i Said these are My personal thoughts and i like rekiks style more not saying he is better
Obvious transfer junkie is obvious

Llandegren said:
Tron Coltrane said:
pudge & rodge said:

Apologies: best central defender. Credit to Pablo.

And to answer your question, no... I believe we're both supporting the same team. We are talking about hockey, right?

Tron Coltrane said:
Llandegren said:
Tron Coltrane said:

Apologies: best central defender. Credit to Pablo.

And to answer your question, no... I believe we're both supporting the same team. We are talking about hockey, right?

;) i am watching germany-armenia and another target we should look at is howedes, has been impressive

Llandegren said:
Tron Coltrane said:
pudge & rodge said:

Just my 2 cents: players can be made to look great or ordinary depending on the system being played. E.g, no one can argue that Terry or Cahill aren't great defenders. But remember Chelsea under AVB's high line: they weren't effective. I think Nastasic is the same (although with time he might develop his game further): when we played deep, he used his reading of the game to overcome his lack of pace and (apparent) strength. He struggles with the high line. Injuries did not help either. Not saying you need pace always to play in high line (eg. Demicheles, but his reading is better than Kompany's IMO, he owned Barca till his tackle on Messi), but it helps. A lot.

IMO our system needs quick CBs who are also good readers of the game and good passers. Pacy BPDs. That's why I am wary of Mangala: physically imposing, but does he have the brains?

bluechampion7891 said:
Llandegren said:
Tron Coltrane said:

Just my 2 cents: players can be made to look great or ordinary depending on the system being played. E.g, no one can argue that Terry or Cahill aren't great defenders. But remember Chelsea under AVB's high line: they weren't effective. I think Nastasic is the same (although with time he might develop his game further): when we played deep, he used his reading of the game to overcome his lack of pace and (apparent) strength. He struggles with the high line. Injuries did not help either. Not saying you need pace always to play in high line (eg. Demicheles, but his reading is better than Kompany's IMO, he owned Barca till his tackle on Messi), but it helps. A lot.

IMO our system needs quick CBs who are also good readers of the game and good passers. Pacy BPDs. That's why I am wary of Mangala: physically imposing, but does he have the brains?

I'll never understand this "Nastasic can't operate with our high line" concept. I feel like one person said it, and they said it with authority, and now a bunch of people say it because that's the common thread. Like the idea that Micah Richards is a competent CB.

The high line itself was at fault to start the season. Pelle pulled it back as the season went on. Nasty had problems in the early games in the same sense that everyone had problems in the early games. After that form and fitness kept him sidelined. We've never seen him play in our current defense, except in Al-Ain, which is a neglible friendly. But he was a fantastic player two seasons ago, and that was at the age of 19. That's so rare for a central defender, the idea that people are ready to write him off seems insane to me.

Also he's not the fastest player in history, but he's not exactly strolling around the pitch like a one-legged monkey smoking a pipe.

El Mago said:

If we just wanted a traditional English defender we'd keep Lescott, they will want someone who is good with the ball at his feet. Caulker's pass completion is <75%, 6% lower than our worst passing defender (Kolarov).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.