Centre-back

Klaude said:
FantasyIreland said:
Klaude said:
Previous? This is my first? How come?

48 posts in less than 48hrs? I'm curious,and suspicious......hence why I don't believe you.

To all.....if you change your name,at least have the decency to let others know who they are talking to.

Ta.

Nop, just new here and like to be apart of thing, i guess. Sorry if i did somthing wrong?

Yes. You used text speak and it grates.

The Man With The Stick said:
Doesn't seem like a great year to be buying centre backs.
More than happy to stick with Vinny and Nasty/Demi.

Early days yet mate! Plenty time and we should have plenty money to sign a top centre back and the squad would be looking pretty incredible then

The Fat el Hombre said:

Early days yet mate! Plenty time and we should have plenty money to sign a top centre back and the squad would be looking pretty incredible then
If its someone who definitely improves the first team, I'm all for it but are the players mentioned really better than what we've got?

The Fat el Hombre said:

If its someone who definitely improves the first team, I'm all for it but are the players mentioned really better than what we've got?

Supposedly, haven't seen enough of them myself. Looking at our team it's clear that centre half is where we can make the biggest improvement. Regardless of the level of talent we're gonna need another centre half anyway as we don't have enough

The daily echo are reporting that Lovren has handed in a transfer request at Southampton stating that he wants to play for a champions league club. Would be a good option IMO

FredTilson said:
The daily echo are reporting that Lovren has handed in a transfer request at Southampton stating that he wants to play for a champions league club. Would be a good option IMO

Except that he wants to go where his pals are going, Liverpool. Are they now a feeder club for them?

Assuming Fernando signs then he will make a huge difference to whoever the centre backs are - quite often last season our centre backs were too exposed, a price for the lovely attacking football we played, but with Fernando shielding and Yaya further forward for me this is the big signing that will potentially improve defence and attack

BringBackSwales said:
Assuming Fernando signs then he will make a huge difference to whoever the centre backs are - quite often last season our centre backs were too exposed, a price for the lovely attacking football we played, but with Fernando shielding and Yaya further forward for me this is the big signing that will potentially improve defence and attack

It should hopefully imrove things, but there is a lot of improvement needed on last season. Demi finished the season looking like a real top cb, but for the first half he was going for the record in potential disasters. Nastasic was on the same kamikaze mission when he played. Lescott was the safe pair of hands we always knew we could drop back in if things went completely to shit, but now that's gone, an injury to either cb & we're relying on Nastasic, with no other option but Boyata or bringing back Rekik.

When you look at Vinny's injury record, then consider the World Cup, then the fact Demi is 33. Then if we are going for 4 competitions again. There's a decent chance we could be playing some big games with Nastasic & Boyata at cb. Al Ain reserves had about 5 good scoring opportunities getting between those two easily, or when they just went missing or fell asleep at set pieces.

We really really really need a cb imo. I recon we need 2 ideally.

Neville Kneville said:
BringBackSwales said:

It should hopefully imrove things, but there is a lot of improvement needed on last season. Demi finished the season looking like a real top cb, but for the first half he was going for the record in potential disasters. Nastasic was on the same kamikaze mission when he played. Lescott was the safe pair of hands we always knew we could drop back in if things went completely to shit, but now that's gone, an injury to either cb & we're relying on Nastasic, with no other option but Boyata or bringing back Rekik.

When you look at Vinny's injury record, then consider the World Cup, then the fact Demi is 33. Then if we are going for 4 competitions again. There's a decent chance we could be playing some big games with Nastasic & Boyata at cb. Al Ain reserves had about 5 good scoring opportunities getting between those two easily, or when they just went missing or fell asleep at set pieces.

We really really really need a cb imo. I recon we need 2 ideally.

I wasn't saying we don't need a CB, I was just saying that Fernando will undoubtedly give them a lot more screening than they had the season just ended

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.