Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

BillyShears said:
Can't find a thread about him (I'm sure there is one somewhere). He's up for sale this summer, and I know the rags have been heavily linked with him, but he is exactly what we need in central midfield. I wonder if there's a temptation from City's side to go after him. We certainly should do. Top player.

Hell yes. Would be a peculiar transfer from Txiki's point of view though. Can only imagine what he told him to get him to Barca in the first place.

Really don't think this is likely. The same nonsense appeared last year and led United to think that he would possibly come. I honestly think top clubs propagate such ideas to distract their rivals into thinking it's possible, only for the supposedly 'selling' club to go out and sign players who were genuinely available.

BillyShears said:
Can't find a thread about him (I'm sure there is one somewhere). He's up for sale this summer, and I know the rags have been heavily linked with him, but he is exactly what we need in central midfield. I wonder if there's a temptation from City's side to go after him. We certainly should do. Top player.

if he is available then it's a yes yes - great player for us, and great for the scum not to get him

Gabriel said:
Really don't think this is likely. The same nonsense appeared last year and led United to think that he would possibly come. I honestly think top clubs propagate such ideas to distract their rivals into thinking it's possible, only for the supposedly 'selling' club to go out and sign players who were genuinely available.

Agreed. This is all because United want him, just like Kroos. So the Rag media assume everyone wants to play for them despite him spurning them last year. I'm sure they are convincing themselves that with Moyes gone he'll change his mind. Can't see Barca letting him go with a possible transfer embargo on the horizon. Iniesta and Xavi are getting older and they need 2 CH's and a LB that can defend. If they move out Fabregas then they would need to replace him and since they lost Tiago last year they don't have anyone in the wings that can come in right away.

Mr. Aguia said:
Gabriel said:

Agreed. This is all because United want him, just like Kroos. So the Rag media assume everyone wants to play for them despite him spurning them last year. I'm sure they are convincing themselves that with Moyes gone he'll change his mind. Can't see Barca letting him go with a possible transfer embargo on the horizon. Iniesta and Xavi are getting older and they need 2 CH's and a LB that can defend. If they move out Fabregas then they would need to replace him and since they lost Tiago last year they don't have anyone in the wings that can come in right away.

Met a close fried of Fabregas a year before his move back from Arsenal (only time I've ever been ITK in my life), and he told me to ignore all the media speculation, because Fabregas was returning to Barcelona the following summer. They had played together all the way through the Barcelona system, and he told me Fabregas really missed his friends at the club and lifestyle in the city. Everything he said turned out to be true, and I can't see Fabregas returning to England.

Ballague just said on Revista that Barca will listen to offers and he think's Cesc is interested in a return to England.

I don't think it will take much more than a pay increase and a promise of a regular spot in central midfield for Fabregas to sign new terms with Barca. Would have to be one hell of an offer to tempt him from them, worth bidding for because he is a class act and versatile too - could link really well alongside any or 2/3 of Yaya, Ferny and Garcia - and can allow others like Yaya to push forward. Knows the league and the demands of it and fits into our style of play. Whether he is a **** or not I don't care, plenty of players have criticised City and I'm sure when a pay slip arrives their way they would soon take it back - if he showed he wanted to come I would have him here in an instant.

I'm pretty sure arsenal wouldn't miss the chance to take him back,would be a disaster for them if they did .

Thenumber1blue said:
I'm pretty sure arsenal wouldn't miss the chance to take him back,would be a disaster for them if they did .

How many creative midfielders do they want though?

If I was Arsenal I would have looked to maybe sell Rosicky and bring Fabregas in so I would have had Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Fabregas and Walcott as midfield options which would have been immense, but they have signed up Rosicky to another deal so I doubt it will happen but I don't know.

Looking at players who could be on the market this summer I reckon if Arsenal could get themselves Cavani, Fabregas and a defensive midfielder I reckon they could be set to challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.