Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

The Fat el Hombre said:
aguero93:20 said:
I think he's gone downhill due to a lack of football mate and I always felt he thrived on being the main man at arsenal which he won't be here. I think there's far better options out there for the money he would cost in fees and wages.

Go on then mate let's hear them...
Gundogan, Kroos, Pogba, Vidal.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think he's gone downhill due to a lack of football mate and I always felt he thrived on being the main man at arsenal which he won't be here. I think there's far better options out there for the money he would cost in fees and wages.

Gundogan hasn't kicked a ball all season. Kroos can't touch Fabregas right now - although he might develop into a top player over time. Vidal and Pogba will both cost literally double what Cesc will IMO.

I also think you have to look at the make up of our squad and the strong Spanish presence in and around the club. For me it's a no brainer. We definitely need another world class centre midfield player, and someone with different attributes to those of Yaya and Dinho ...

What money on both Garcia and Rodwell leaving and Cesc and Fernando coming in. Would be quite the upgrade IMO and we'd be much closer to a midfield capable of winning the CL then.

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Gundogan hasn't kicked a ball all season. Kroos can't touch Fabregas right now - although he might develop into a top player over time. Vidal and Pogba will both cost literally double what Cesc will IMO.

I also think you have to look at the make up of our squad and the strong Spanish presence in and around the club. For me it's a no brainer. We definitely need another world class centre midfield player, and someone with different attributes to those of Yaya and Dinho ...

What money on both Garcia and Rodwell leaving and Cesc and Fernando coming in. Would be quite the upgrade IMO and we'd be much closer to a midfield capable of winning the CL then.
Fabregas would replace Yaya in our Formation/System not Supplement him. All those I've named could play alongside.

Fabregas would replace Yaya in our Formation/System not Supplement him. All those I've named could play alongside.

For me Yaya, Fabregas, Dinho is a midfield trio which can win the big games in Europe and domestically.

The Fat el Hombre said:

I'd take Fabregas over every one of them, based on talent alone.

As for the financial side of it... Pogba's transfer fee would far, far eclipes Fabregas' and the rags are supposedly offering Kroos 250k a week. Gundogan and Vidal I don't know but they wouldn't be cheap, although I don't think gundogan's done anywhere near enough to be compared to Fabregas personally

People have very short memories. Fabregas was one of the top 5 most influential players in the prem when he left for barca at the age of 24. At 22 he was captaining arsenal, at 19 he was named in the Uefa team of the year, and again at 21. Do not underestimate how good fabregas is. He's one of the few players in the world we could slip in when Yaya retires and the team would be just as good

BillyShears said:

For me Yaya, Fabregas, Dinho is a midfield trio which can win the big games in Europe and domestically.
But a combination of Fernando/Garcia-Dinho-Yaya would be far better balanced, Yaya and Cesc don't care for the defensive side of the game and get winded easily and Dinho great as he is isn't a natural at the holding role. Any combination of Yaya-Cesc-? that doesn't feature Dinho will also be slow off the mark which isn't great when you're trying to close down in midfield.<br /><br />-- Thu May 01, 2014 12:23 pm --<br /><br />
The Fat el Hombre said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

As for the financial side of it... Pogba's transfer fee would far, far eclipes Fabregas' and the rags are supposedly offering Kroos 250k a week. Gundogan and Vidal I don't know but they wouldn't be cheap, although I don't think gundogan's done anywhere near enough to be compared to Fabregas personally

People have very short memories. Fabregas was one of the top 5 most influential players in the prem when he left for barca at the age of 24. At 22 he was captaining arsenal, at 19 he was named in the Uefa team of the year, and again at 21. Do not underestimate how good fabregas is. He's one of the few players in the world we could slip in when Yaya retires and the team would be just as good
We're not looking to replace Yaya this summer though are we?

The Fat el Hombre said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

You're on my wavelength with that post.

Good to see us being linked with him in the Catalan press ... I've been thinking the last few weeks i'd be very surprised if Txiki didn't at least consider bringing him here if he's interested.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Isn't gundogan's back fucked?

Well we're gonna have to within the next few seasons, Yaya's 31 next week and there aren't many world class centre midfielders capable of dictating football matches like him knocking about.

And regardless, we ARE in for another central midfielder as the drop in quality between Yaya and Fern to the rest is too great. Fern's played too many games this year and we need another quality one for the champs league

Signing Fabregas would have me the most excited I've been about a transfer since we signed Aguero. It's an absolute complete and utter total no brainer

SPIDERBOY - supposedly. I'm not too far well up on it though

The Fat el Hombre said:

Well we're gonna have to within the next few seasons, Yaya's 31 next week and there aren't many world class centre midfielders capable of dictating football matches like him knocking about.

And regardless, we ARE in for another central midfielder as the drop in quality between Yaya and Fern to the rest is too great. Fern's played too many games this year and we need another quality one for the champs league

Signing Fabregas would have me the most excited I've been about a transfer since we signed Aguero. It's an absolute complete and utter total no brainer

SPIDERBOY - supposedly. I'm not too far well up on it though

Found this...

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is to miss the FIFA World Cup through injury.
Germany international Gundogan has made just three appearances for Dortmund all season because of a back problem sustained in August.
The 23-year-old looked set to return in January, only for a bout of bronchitis to disrupt his progress before an inflamed nerve prolonged his absence from the side.
Those setbacks had raised questions over Gundogan's availability for the World Cup, which begins in Brazil in June, and Klopp revealed that the former Nuremberg man will miss out as Germany aim to seal a fourth title.
"Ilkay will not play at the World Cup," Klopp said.
"The healing process isn't as good. That's very hard for everyone, but you have to respect this. His injury needs time."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.