CFG | Academy | EDS in & out season 2021/22

why on earth would a transfer ban mean we sell the bulk of our squad in just 3 years?
Walker, Mendy, Aké, Gündogan, Bernardo, Ferran, Mahrez, Jesus? All gone despite a transfer ban? Ludicrous.
Walker, gundo, mahrez would all be mid 30's. Mendy will be sold, bernado sounds like he wants out now, I thought I mentioned jesus and I forgot about ake and ferran. It wasn't a slight on any of them, I'm just amazed at the talent coming through. There's some serious potential superstars in several positions. With more I haven't even heard of yet. Relax it was a fun thought, till you pissed on my chips.

Douglas Luiz, Pablo Maffeo, Yan Couto, Pablo Moreno, Aleix García, Florian Lejeune and Nahuel Bustos all got plenty of game time at Girona.
Moreno and Bustos got a grand total of eight and nine starts respectively last season and both played fewer than 900 minutes total. Moreno in particular was little more than a time wasting late sub after Christmas.
For all the others you mention there are plenty of others like Angelino, Muric etc who wasted months of their careers going there.

Hope he actually gets some game time unlike so many youngsters we have sent to that black hole
He can earn his spot. You don't just start for Girona because your on loan from City. In fact looking at the ones which played often for Girona, they have gone onto play a lot more professional games. The others haven't.

Fairly pointless us sending them there in the first place then if they aren’t going to play
Not at all. A player goes on loan to a professional team and has to earn their spot. Why would you have a system where someone who has done nothing just plays every week. That doesn't happen in the first team at City.

Fairly pointless us sending them there in the first place then if they aren’t going to play
We let Sancho walk rather than give him guaranteed play time, we can't expect any other club (even a CFG club) to do any different.

The club isn't going to put them on their books with the intention to never play them, it's up to the players to make their mark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.